Being from Boston myself, this cake is close to my heart!
Its always been every ones favorite for as long as I can remember!
So this recipe was a MUST! 🙂 its SO EASY and completely delicious!
MY OTHER RECIPES
This is a ‘poke’ cake meaning the pudding is all through-out the cake layers as well as in-between!
This is one of those recipes you will keep going back to because the flavor is outstanding and with how easy it is? You could make it for dessert any night!
Its so moist and delicious!
You’re Welcome 😉
Boston Cream Pie Poke Cake!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- (all the ingredients on the box mix as well)
- 2 3..4 oz of Instant Vanilla Pudding
- (milk for the pudding mixes)
- 1 can of chocolate frosting, slightly heated or this recipe for ganache (what i used)
- Use 2 regular sized round cake pans.
- Make cake mix according to directions, pour half in each cake pan and bake..
- Once both are cooked completely, remove from oven and poke large holes in each one (i used one of my wooden spoons, because you want those holes fairly big so the pudding has enough room to get in there good.
- Next, you want to use a good amount of the pudding in between and Layer them on top of one another, then Poke all the way down to the bottom of the layered cakes.
- In a medium bowl, add milk to pudding mixture and continue to whisk until most of the lumps are removed. Pour pudding on top of each of the layerd cake, making sure to pour straight into the holes in the cake.
- Take a spoon and spread it evenly across the top of the cake (very gently press down pudding to ensure that pudding goes into the holes and spread it all the way to the sides of each cake).
- Put cake in fridge and allow to cool completely before adding the frosting (about 2 hours).
- Pour chocolate frosting/ ganache on top of pudding.
- Spread frosting to evenly cover cake. Start in the middle and gently spread to the sides.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour & serve!
- Keep refrigerated when not serving -