I have been so excited to bring you all this simple and yummy dish!
This is pure, delicious comfort food your family will love!
MY OTHER RECIPES
This is traditionally a Polish dish and its been one of my favorites for years now!
You can use any type of noodles that you prefer, I did use egg noodles but I have used even spaghetti in the past!
I did cubed ham but many people use bacon, kielbasa , sausage etc
This is another dish that needs to make it to your weekly dinner rotation!
To make it even better? Its SO EASY to make too!
No extra time needed in the kitchen to make this fantastic dish!
ONE POT- EASY MEAL – What could be better?!
I got this idea from my sweet friend Martha over at a Family Feast, she did hers a bit different with sausage, but I thought ham would be a great change!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Fried Cabbage, Ham & Noodles (Haluski)
- 2 1/2 Cups fully cooked Ham, Cubed small
- 2 cups white onion, diced
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds cabbage, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon freshly black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 8 ounces dry egg noodles
- In a large skillet, over medium high-heat, cook the ham cubes in 3 tablespoons of the butter until they start to slightly brown, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter more to the pan, then add in the minced garlic, onions and sauté for roughly 2 minutes.
- Add the cabbage, oil, salt and both peppers, mix then cover reduce to medium heat and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to package, then drain.
- Once cabbage mixture is tender, add in the drained noodles.
- Add the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter and cook for about 2 minutes.