Anyone who knows me, knows my deep love for chinese.
Its probably one of my weaknesses for sure!
After you try this incredible recipe, you will never get take out lo mein again..ever , EVER! Yes, its that good.
I used dry lo mein noodles but you can most definitely use spaghetti or angel hair if you cant find them in your local supermarket!
I used a little bit of spinach, you dont need to add it in but omgoodness did it taste wonderful with it!
Tastes just as amazing the following day as well!
I couldnt wait to bring you all this recipe, its been sitting in my archives waiting for me to finish writing it up and getting the photos ready.
AWESOME news is that I will also have a video up on my page for this recipe too! So you can easily follow along with the instructions!
Just look at that gorgeous deliciousness!
Just double the sauce recipe below if you like it ULTRA saucy (like me!) 😀
I just hit 4 MILLION fans on my Facebook page and I am so utterly grateful to each and everyone of you who follows along with me each day!
It means the world to me!
You KNOW this is going on your weekly dinner rotation! Its most definitely on mine! (sometimes TWICE 😉 )
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Chicken Lo Mein - Homemade Takeout Style!
- 10 ounces dry lo mein noodles (OR dry spaghetti works too)
- 1/3 cup matchstick carrots shreds
- 1/2 cup snow peas or snap peas
- 2 medium skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1" chunks
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 2 1/2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup dark soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tsp hoisin sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/2 Cup chicken broth
- 1 - 2 teaspoon Sriracha sauce - to taste
For the sauce (Double recipe for extra saucy noodles)
- In a large bowl, whisk your sauce ingredients together until well combined and set aside.
- Cook the noodles/spaghetti according to package, Drain and set aside as well.
- In a large non stick saute pan/wok, heat 1 tablespoon oil on medium high-heat.
- Add chicken and sprinkle salt and pepper, mix and cook until browned on both sides, roughly 5 minutes or so, set aside.
- Add remaining oil to same pan/wok, add in the garlic and ginger and cook for about 45 seconds, then add in the red peppers, carrots, spinach & snow peas, then cook and additional 2 minutes, until tender.
- Add in your drained noodles and the cooked chicken back into the same pan.
- Pour the sauce over noodles and toss WELL using tongs, making sure its completely coated.
- Turn the heat to a high temp to allow sauce to heat up and properly thicken
- feel free to add more water slowly if sauce is too thick.
- Toss again once more and sprinkle with green onions - serve immediately