Only those who have never tried this amazing recipe look surprised when I tell them my recipe!
PLEASE Don’t hesitate, this really works! No one who tries this recipe, ever cooks it only once!
Its a family favorite for sure!
Now, I have tried this in my Crock pot AND in my oven.
Yes, you CAN do either one with my method.
Honestly, I preferred the oven version of this recipe- I think it caramelized the outside SO perfectly!
MY OTHER RECIPES
So this recipe is my OVEN version!
I have tried DR pepper as well as the Coca Cola , but I thought the coke made it taste MUCH better!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Crock Pot Coca Cola Brown Sugar Ham!
- 1 cured Ham, roughly 8-10 pounds (spiral ham or gammon works)
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 1 & 1/2 cans of Coca Cola
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons Heinz mustard
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a medium sauce pan, add the brown sugar, orange marmalade, coke & mustard.
- Warm the mixture on medium-low to medium heat until the sugar melts.
- Let mixture slightly cool for about 5-10 minutes, you do not want it too liquidy.
- Place the ham on a aluminum foil-lined ,semi deep baking sheet.
- Coat the ham evenly with the mixture.
- Bake for about 2- 2 1/2 hours, basting every 30 minutes
NOTE: If you did not get a sliced ham, slice the ham about 1/2 inch deep slices.