Ive been coming out with some wonderful cheesecakes over the last month, everyone has been loving them! I had to bring you all a fun one the kids will love!
One of the ULTIMATE Halloween treats- great for parties!
Sure to be the hit with everyone!
Fairly easy to throw together and the taste is outstanding!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
- 1 box Funfetti cake mix, ingredients as needed for the cake mix
- 3 8oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup Halloween sprinkles
- 1/2 cup Halloween sprinkles for garnish on top
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tbsps powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
MY OTHER RECIPES
- Preheat oven to 350F
- flour one springform 9" cake pan.
- Prepare cake batter according to box directions. Pour your batter in the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 30 to 32 minutes.
- Let cool slightly in cake pan then remove, use a cake leveler to make sure the top is even and flat -set aside.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy and combined, 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one a time, until combined.
- Add sour cream, flour, vanilla, and salt and beat until combined.
- Pour filling into a SEPARATE 9' springform pan, use parchment paper to line it then bake until only slightly jiggly in the center, about 1 hour.
- Let cool slightly, then transfer to the freezer to cool completely and firm up before assembling on top of the funfetti cake layer. Use a cake leveler again if needed/desired to achieve even layers.
- Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl.
- Using a large balloon whisk, whisk together the ingredients by hand for about five minutes until soft peaks start to form.
- You'll know the whipped cream is ready when the cream has formed soft peaks and holds onto the whisk.
- Be careful not to overdo the whisking –
- Top the cake with the cheesecake layer carefully.
- Then spread the whipped cream over the top of the cheesecake.
- Use a decorators pastry tip to create whipped dollops on the edge.
- Garnish with Halloween sprinkles and serve.
Make the cheesecake layer:
NOTE if you would prefer to bake them together, just bake the cake first in the springform pan, then add the cheesecake layer on top of the baked cake & bake until the cheesecake layer is slightly jiggly- then stick in freezer until completely cooled & firm.
Make whipped frosting: