I have been SO behind getting these amazing holiday recipes out!
Its such a busy time of the year around here 🙂
One of the easiest recipes to make and everyone always loves them!
These literally take less than 20 minutes!
MY OTHER RECIPES
Perfect for the holidays!
If you’re making them for another occasion other than the holidays you can always top them with nuts!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Homemade Peppermint Patties!
- 2 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons softened butter
- 1 Tablespoon light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Crushed peppermint candies
- Chocolate almond bark
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your cream, butter, lemon juice, vanilla, and peppermint extracts and mix well using a hand mixer
- Mix in one cup of your powdered sugar at a time until you have a thick dough like texture
- Use your hands, roll into a ball, and then use a rolling pin to roll out your Peppermint filling to be about 3/8" inch thick (doesn't need to be exact but you do want to keep it rather thick)
- Use a small circle cookie cutter to cut out your shapes and freeze them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet for an hour or so
- Before you remove them from the freezer, heat your almond bark in a large microwave safe bowl for 90 seconds, stir, and reheat in 15 second intervals until melted
- Use a slotted chocolate spoon to lift and dip your peppermint patties into the melted chocolate, let any excess chocolate drop off, and place back on your parchment paper
- Immediately top with crushed peppermint and let set for 30 minutes