Being half Italian, I grew up with lots of these types of sandwiches (happily) I LOVE THEM.
They are super easy to throw together and taste outstanding each and every time!
This is a twist on that well loved sub! I got this idea from over at Mrs Happy Homemaker,her blog is awesome you must go over and have a look! I wash you dry ALSO has a recipe like it too-> here
Trust me, its fantastic!!
MY OTHER RECIPES
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Italian Sub Crescent Ring!
- 2 pkg. Crescent Rolls
- 10 oz Black forest Ham Slices
- 10 oz. Genoa Salami slices
- 10 oz. Large Sliced Pepperoni
- 10 oz hot OR sweet deli- capicola
- 10 Slices Provolone Cheese
- 1/2 Jar Sliced Pepper Rings, drained
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Red Onion
- 1/4 cup equal parts Red wine vinegar and Olive Oil mixture
- 1 tablespoon Italian oregano
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Take crescent rolls out of the package leaving them in sets of two. They will look like rectangles and you will have 4 from each package.
- On a round baking sheet, lay these rectangles in ring shape making sure they are slightly overlapping.
- Lay all the meats onto the center of the dough.
- Add pepper rings, onions, and oil & vinegar mixture.
- Sprinkle oregano evenly over the meat, then add the cheese on top.
- Fold the edges over the top of all the filling ingredients, and press to the dough on the inside of the ring so it is secure.
- Bake for about 13 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Garnish with extra pepper rings