If you’re like me, you LOVE chili cheese dogs- they are always So good for lunch or dinner – Quick and delicious!
I wanted to bring you something you know and love- but with a twist that will have everyone going crazy over them! I promise!
I will add a bunch of step-by-step so you can recreate this deliciousness at home for your family 🙂
Arrange your hot dog buns in your baking dish
Using a knife, carefully cut them like this, making sure not to cut the bottom of the roll, then the fun part…. SMASH the tops IN, like the photo above.
Spread/brush on your magical mixture
Stuff your cheese in each
MY OTHER RECIPES
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Magic Chili Cheese Dog Boats!
- 1 8 pack of hot dog buns (roll style, not split top)
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 8 slices cheddar cheese OR your favorite kind
- 1 15-ounce Can of your favorite Chili (or leftover homemade)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- Arrange your buns in a 9x13 baking dish, then preheat oven to 350F
- Cut out rectangles in the centers of each bun, making sure to stay centered, you still want there to be an 'edge' on your boats 🙂
- Push down the bread cut-outs on each tightly into the bottom of each bun
- Mix the butter, garlic, and parsley in a small bowl, then brush the buns and the hollowed insides with the garlic butter mixture, reserving a small amount for later, for your onions.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes to toast the buns and get them nice and firm to hold all that filling
- Place a slices of cheese inside each bun, then spoon some chili inside, one by one.
- Take your hot dogs and cut just the tips off of both ends before placing them inside the boats
- Slide the hot dogs in each boat, press down to get them snug in there, then top with more chili.
- In the small amount of reserved butter/garlic mixture, add in your diced onions and mix, then evenly top each hot dog with some.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes OR until the cheese is golden brown