This is a much requested recipe that my family simply LOVES!
Its fun to throw together and the taste is outstanding!
Its basically a TACO lasagna but we will call it Mexican since some of the ingredients are beyond simply ‘taco’ 🙂 !
You can use flour or corn tortillas – either work but after trying both,
I have to say my family does favor the flour!
You can layer it as many times as you have ingredients.
I love adding extra sour cream and nacho cheese poured over mine 😀
Dinner just got easier!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
MY OTHER RECIPES
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning (Gluten Free)
- 1 16 oz can refried beans
- 1 can enchilada sauce (or 2 1/3 cups homemade)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 18 white tortillas, cut in half
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, cilantro, sour cream, guacamole, salsa
Yields: 12 servings
Prep: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 35 minutes | Total Time: 55 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook diced onion and brown ground beef.
- Drain off excess grease, then stir in contents of taco seasoning packet. Set aside.
- In a 9x13 casserole dish, spread a thin layer of enchilada sauce evenly on the bottom.
- Layer tortilla halves, so straight edges line up along the outer edge of the dish. Continue layering to fill any gaps (it’s ok if there is some overlap).
- Continue layering the lasagna in the following order (saving enough of each ingredient to form a second layer): refried beans, enchilada sauce, beef and onion mixture, shredded cheese and diced tomatoes. You may then sprinkle on fresh cilantro and/or black olives if you wish before starting the next layer.
- With the second half of ingredients, start the next layer as follows: tortillas, refried beans, enchilada sauce, beef and onion mixture, shredded cheese and diced tomatoes (optional fresh cilantro and/or black olives).
- Top with a final layer that includes tortillas, a light layer of enchilada sauce and shredded cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until cheese is melted and tortillas have slightly crisped.
- Allow lasagna to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with your choice of toppings: sour cream, guacamole, salsa fresh cilantro, shredded lettuce, fresh tomatoes, etc.