One of the easiest dinners and one I have loved for years, is one from my mom.
This is wonderful over rice- my favorite!
Even with potatoes or by itself!
Marinating the steak is one of the best methods to locking in the flavor- the longer you can, the better but at LEAST 30 minutes!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Mom's Asian Steak Peppers & Onions!
- 1 3/4 pounds high quality steak (I used sirloin)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cut your steak into bite-sized pieces, about a half of an inch each.
- In a bowl, add the soy sauce, honey, and chili paste garlic & sesame oil & mix until combined.
- Add in your steak pieces and toss till well coated.
- Cover and allow the meat marinate for at least 30 minutes to an hour.
- In a LARGE saute pan add the onions, olive oil and the bell pepper and cook about 2 minutes on med-low heat.
- Add in the steak pieces and spread out in a single layer in between the peppers & onions.
- Cook until browned, tossing constantly until it finishes cooking.
- Serve over rice or potatoes!