This is perfect for the Fall season and would make the most amazing Thanksgiving dessert that everyone will go crazy for!
Its such an easy recipe!
Its layered with a bottom layer of pumpkin pie, then cake and topped with buttered pecans!
OH HEAVENS YES!
MY OTHER RECIPES
It comes out so moist!
I have topped it with whipped cream, but vanilla ice cream would be incredible too!
From the moment Fall arrived and I saw the beautiful leaves begin to turn, I couldnt stop thinking about everything PUMPKIN!
The dry cake mix & pecans, that is put on top of the pumpkin pie layer, really gives it a nice crunch!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Pumpkin Pecan Dump Cake!
- 29 oz can (or two 15 oz) pumpkin purée
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs - beaten
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 box Pillsbury Golden Butter cake mix
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter - melted
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with a non-coating spray like Pam and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the pumpkin, sugar, evaporated milk, eggs, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Mix well until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into your 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle the dry butter cake mix on top of the batter.
- Top off with a sprinkling of the pecans on top of the cake mix.
- Pour the melted butter on top of the pecans.
- Sprinkle a light dusting of cinnamon sugar on top of the melted butter.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before cutting into squares.
Serve with whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon or vanilla ice cream!