Ok, What’s your favorite Girl Scout Cookie?
My all time favorite is the Samoa!
I have tasted them all and nothing compares to the perfect Samoa cookie! Though, Thin Mints are a close second! STAY TUNED for a Thin Mint Brownie!
MY OTHER RECIPES
Just when you thought that this magical cookie couldnt get any better than it already is, let me introduce you to the SAMOA BROWNIE!
This is probably one of the best things you are every going to eat…seriously.
I first got the idea for a samoa brownie, from a recipe on one of my all time favorite blogs- Six Sisters, that they did back in 2011!
They used caramels, but after trying those, on the first round of making these, I found that it was a bit too chewy for me when it sat for awhile, so I tried one of my all time favorite things I use to make my famous caramel hot chocolate
– Dulce de leche! which is caramel condensed milk basically 🙂
The flavors are outstanding!
They taste exactly like a samoa cookie-only better!
I probably ate WAY more of these than any one person should in one day…lol
These should come with some type of warning label so you don’t overdose!
Try to have just one, trust me you’ll go back for a second and a third and you get the point 😉
You Have Been Warned!
- 1 box of brownie mix (Duncan Hines is my favorite!) OR chocolate cake mix works too!
- 1 3.4oz can La Lechera (which is caramel flavored condensed milk)
- 2 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips/melting chocolate
- Prepare and bake your brownies as directed on your brownie box in a 9x13 baking pan and let chill
- Spread your coconut out on a baking sheet
- Toast your coconut by baking on 350 for about 10 minutes (or until your coconut turns golden brown)
- In a microwave safe dish, cook your 13.4oz of La Lechera and 1/4 cup evaporated milk for 2-3 minutes and mix
- Now combine your coconut and caramel mix and mix well
- Pour your caramel mixture over your cooked brownies
- Now melt your chocolate chips in a microwave safe dish on 50% power for 3-4 minutes, stirring every 40 seconds until melted
- Pour your melted chocolate into a zip lock bag, cut the tip off the corner and begin drizzling your chocolate over your caramel covered brownies
- Set in the fridge for about 30 minutes and enjoy!