One of my all time favorite foods is any type of asian flair, chinese food! This is one of the most delicious and easy recipes- done all in the Crock pot!
You start by caramelizing the pork
Just LOOK at that- the sauce? FANTASTIC!
I have done this method with chicken, also incredible!
This needs to be added to your weekly dinner rotation. 🙂
I love having it over rice, but when I’m low-carbing, I have just the pork, its incredible!
This is one meal your entire family will love!
They will be asking for it over and over for sure.
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Slow Cooker Garlic Ginger Pork!
- 2 lbs pork, (chops, loin, steak, etc), de-boned and cut into 1 -2” pieces
- 1/2 C honey
- 2 T soy sauce
- Juice 1 lime (and zest if you like)
- 1/2 t garlic minced
- 1 – 1.5” knob of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 2 T cornstarch
- 1 T water
- salt and pepper, as desired
- Season pork with salt and pepper
- Sear pork pieces over high heat in a fry pan until caramelized
- In a bowl, combine, honey, soy sauce, lime, garlic, ginger and ginger powder. Mix well
- Place pork in the slow cooker bowl, be sure to add the pan juices as well.
- Pour the sauce over the pork
- Cook on high for 4 – 5 hours
- When ready to serve, make a slurry of cornstarch and water. Move the pork to the side of the bowl and add the slurry to the sauce. Give a few stirs and the sauce should thicken. Mix the pork back with the sauce.
- Serve on rice. Enjoy!