These delicious Taco Stuffed Avocados are great for a quick lunch or even as an appetizer.
Whatever you choose to use them for, they are sure to be a HUGE HIT!
If you have ever looked on a bag of store bought tortillas you would be SHOCKED at the amount of carbs and everything else thats just in ONE tortilla!
These are a great and much healthier alternative to those!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Taco Stuffed Avocados!
- 4 avocados, halved and pitted
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, diced finely
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Colby jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- sour cream and cilantro, for garnish
MY OTHER RECIPES
- Cut lime in half and squeeze juice over the avocados.
- Scoop out some of the avocado to create a larger hole to fill.
- Reserve excess avocado for later.
- Heat olive oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add diced onion and saute for 3-5 minutes, until tender and translucent.
- Add ground beef and brown until fully cooked (about 5-6 minutes).
- Pour in taco seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste, stirring thoroughly. Drain away any excess fat or liquid from the pan and remove from heat.
- Begin filling each avocado with the taco meat, remaining avocado, shredded cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and garnish with sour cream and cilantro.