Take your love for the chocolate-covered coconut almond candy bar to the next level with these incredible Almond Joy Cookie Bars. They’re sweet, decadent, and perfect for all occasions.
Who doesn’t love the incredible taste of Almond Joy Bars? These sweet chocolate treats are loaded with coconut and the perfect almond right in the center. If they’re one of your favorite candy bars of all time, you’ll love preparing these homemade Almond Joy Cookie Bars. They’re easy to assemble and have the most incredible taste.
Almond Joy Bars
Are you tired of making the same ol’ cookie bars? I know the feeling. If you want to make something different than the usual chocolate chip or oatmeal raisin, you need to try these homemade Almond Joy Bars for so many good reasons. They’re easy to put together, full of flavor, and perfect for all kinds of occasions, including bake sales, family gatherings, and special events. Anyone who enjoys the taste of coconut paired with chocolate and almonds will love the way these taste. Give them a try and see for yourself why all my friends and family rave over them every time I bake them!
Why You’ll Love These Homemade Almond Joy Bars
- Delicious – These cookie bars are great when you want that sweet treat between meals or before bed. They’re super delicious and not too crunchy or hard!
- Easy – Who says preparing a recipe from scratch has to be challenging? This recipe simplifies the process and will leave you with the tastiest baked goods.
- Perfect – Let’s face it – these are perfect for all occasions. It doesn’t matter when you want to prepare them; you can expect everyone to enjoy every bite.
I love these cookie bars for several reasons, and these are just a few of them. I’m confident that once you try them, you’ll continue baking them for years, impressing your family every time!
Almond Joy Cookie Bars Ingredients
ou can make these incredible cookie bars with the following ingredients:
- All-Purpose Flour – You can’t have your cookie bars without the flour for the dough.
- Baking Powder – The addition of this ingredient helps give these Almond Joy bars the ideal texture.
- Butter – Let your butter sit out and soften so that it’s easier to use when combining your ingredients.
- Light Brown Sugar – Use packed light brown sugar to give your bars a perfect touch of sweetness.
- Chocolate Chips – Grab a 12-ounce bag of chocolate chip morsels and use half the bag for this recipe.
Other must-have ingredients include sea salt, baking soda, granulated sugar, flaked coconut, an egg, vanilla extract, and almond slivers.
Almond Joy Bars Recipe Notes
- Make sure you’re not overmixing the batter! Take your time and move slowly when you’re using a stand or hand mixer.
- Let your butter sit out and soften because it’s much easier to work with. You’ll struggle with your butter when preparing your batter if it’s not softened.
- You can add more coconut flakes to this mixture if you’re a coconut lover. It all depends on what you like!
Almond Joy Bars Recipe Variations
- If you don’t like almonds or if someone is allergic to nuts in your household, you can leave the almond slivers out and create a “Mounds” version of these cookie bars.
- Instead of chocolate chips, you can use chocolate chunks. You can even chop down pieces of your favorite chocolate bar for this recipe.
- While this recipe calls for flaked coconut, you can also give it a try with toasted flaked coconut to see if you like it!
Homemade Almond Joy Bars FAQs
Do I have to use an electric mixer for this recipe?
It’s definitely best to use an electric mixer. However, if you don’t have one, you can combine ingredients with a traditional wooden spoon. It may take longer to get everything mixed.
Can I use chopped almonds?
Yes, definitely! If you can’t find almond slivers, you can always grab almonds and chop them into pieces before tossing them into the mixture for these Almond Joy bars.
Do I need to use parchment paper in the baking dish?
Yes, it’s best to use parchment paper in the baking dish before you add your dough to it to keep the cookie bars from getting stuck.
MORE RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE!
Almond Joy Cookie Bars
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips half a 12 oz bag
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup almond slivers
- Line a 9×9” baking dish with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine softened butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Mix with an electric mixer until creamed.
- Add egg and vanilla extract. Mix with electric mixer until combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture, mixing as you go until it’s all just combined. Do not overmix.
- Add chocolate chips, half the coconut flakes and half the almond slivers and stir until combined.
- Spread cookie batter into the baking pan. Spread evenly and smooth with a spatula. Add 10-20 more chocolate chips to the top as well as the remaining coconut and almonds.
- Cook for 20-22 minutes or until golden and cooked to your desired crispiness.
- Remember it will continue cooking a little when you remove it from the oven.
- Once cool, remove from the baking dish and cut into 16 pieces (or 9 if you prefer).