I’m giving you a WARNING right now, this is going to be one of the best cakes you will EVER have… promise!
Poke cakes are so awesome because they are always very moist and flavorful!
Not to mention, very FUN to make too!
This frosting is something out of HEAVEN- its not from a can! Its a perfect buttercream!
Great for dessert or any get together you have!
Always one of the first desserts to go!
If you are a Chocolate Lover- this is definitely the cake for you! 😀
Death by Chocolate? What a way to go! :p
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Better than Sex Chocolate Poke Cake!
- 1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- Butter, for greasing
- Flour, for pan
- 1 box chocolate cake mix, plus ingredients called for on box
- Chocolate shavings, for garnish
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (plus more if necessary)
FOR THE CAKE
FOR THE FROSTING
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Butter and flour a 9x13 pan.
- Bake the chocolate cake mix according to package directions
- Poke cake all over with the bottom of a wooden spoon.
- In a bowl, mix together condensed milk and melted chocolate until combined fully.
- Pour this mixture into the holes on the cake.
- In a large bowl and using a hand mixer, beat the butter, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt until fully incorporated
- Gradually add in the heavy cream ONLY adding tablespoon by tablespoon until consistency is creamy but can still hold peaks
- Spread the frosting all over cake
- Sprinkle with chocolate shavings.