I LOVE Carrot cake, we both love it. I also personally have a slight obsession with Peeps, so when I saw these colors & with Easter coming up I KNEW it was a must make!
Isnt it just ADORABLE?!
Before we went a little crazy with the pastel colored Hershey eggs 🙂
- Multiple packages of different colored Peeps
- Pastel colored Hersheys eggs
- Colored sugars
- orange/green frosting if you want to make the carrots
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups finely grated carrots
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, completely drained
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 (3 ounce) can flaked coconut
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 8 ounce package of cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons instant vanilla pudding, dry
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease two round 9 inch cake pans, set aside.
- Mix all cake ingredients except for the carrot,pineapple, coconut & nuts.
- Fold in the 4 ingredients above.
- Pour batter into the greased cake pans.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick in center comes out clean.
- In a small bowl beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form then set aside.
- In a large bowl combine all frosting ingredients and beat until smooth then fold in whipping cream.
- Allow to fully cool before frosting the cake.
- Once cooled, spread frosting between layers and on sides/top, then decorate!