Chicken Pasta is creamy and ultra cheesy! Its not only delicious but its quick and easy too! a tried & true family favorite!
This scrumptious Chicken Pasta is a delicious meal that even your pickiest little eaters will be begging for more!
Make a simple, stress-free yet satisfying meal for the family with this Chicken Pasta. It’s a extra creamy, ultra cheesy meal that will have everyone coming back for seconds.
Would you like to make a satisfying meal that won’t take long to prepare? If so, this recipe for Chicken Pasta I make right in my Instant Pot is perfect for you. It’s a flavorful, cheesy meal with chicken that will satisfy your craving for comfort food.
Why You’ll Love This Chicken Pasta
The cooking equipment used makes it even easier to prepare this Instant Pot Chicken Pasta from scratch.
The meal is creamy with juicy, flavorful chicken and plenty of cheese, making it so delicious.
You can prepare it with ease and enjoy it for dinner with the family! Who doesn’t love a homemade meal?
Ingredients for Chicken Pasta Recipe
When preparing a quick recipe like this one, be sure to have the following ingredients:
Smoked Paprika – The paprika adds a bit of flavor to this recipe.
Butter – Make sure you’re using some butter to enhance the taste of your chicken!
Chicken Breast – Use chicken breasts for this creamy chicken pasta recipe.
Chicken Stock – Add chicken stock to keep the meat tender and juicy instead of dry.
Penne Pasta – Don’t forget the penne pasta, which pairs perfectly with the chicken.
Heavy Cream – The heavy cream adds an incredible flavor to this meal.
Cream Cheese – Use any kind of cream cheese that you’d like in this recipe.
There are a few other ingredients you need to have, including mustard powder, garlic powder, onion powder, parmesan cheese, broccoli florets, Colby jack cheese, and crushed red pepper flakes.
Can I use other vegetables in this recipe?
Absolutely. If you don’t want to use broccoli or if you’d like to pack this meal with even more veggies, feel free to add corn, peas, or even carrots to the mixture. They’ll taste great with this chicken pasta. Use what you like best!
Do I have to use penne pasta?
No, you don’t necessarily need to use penne pasta. If you prefer another type of pasta, such as rotini, rotelle, or even spaghetti, feel free to use it. However, keep in mind that different types of pasta will have different cooking times.
Will the red pepper flakes make this meal spicy?
No! Because you’re only using a small amount of red pepper flakes in this recipe, it won’t make the dish too spicy. If you would like to kick up the heat a bit, you can always increase the amount of red pepper flakes you’re using in this recipe to make it a bit spicier.
Do I have to use chicken breast?
While chicken breast tastes great with this pasta and creamy, cheesy sauce, you also have the option of using chicken thighs as a replacement. If you’re going to use chicken thighs as a substitute, be sure to use the boneless, skinless kind.
Recipe Tips & Notes
Because different types of pasta have various cooking times, you’ll need to consider that and choose the ideal cooking time for the specific pasta you decide to use. If you’re using penne, you can follow this recipe completely.
When doing the quick release, be sure to place a kitchen towel on top of the Instant Pot to protect yourself from the steam. If the steam escapes and you’re too close to it, it’s going to burn your hand, and you don’t want that to happen.
It only takes 20 minutes to prepare this recipe and an additional three minutes to cook, so be sure to make this meal when you’re getting ready to have dinner! If you make it hours in advance, you would need to reheat the meal when you’re ready to serve it to your family for dinner.
How to Store the Chicken Pasta
If you’d like to save leftovers, be sure to pour the ingredients from the Instant Pot into an airtight container. You can place the container in the fridge to keep your chicken pasta fresh for up to five days. When you’re ready to eat your leftovers, you can reheat them in the microwave or on the stove, whichever you prefer.
The leftovers are great to have for lunch!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes + pressure time
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, diced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 cups broccoli florets cut into small pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Colby jack shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
- Fresh basil for garnish optional
- Turn the instant pot on to saute and put the butter in the pan to melt.
- Combine the paprika, salt, mustard powder, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper together in a ziplock bag and shake.
- Add the chicken to the bag and shake till all the chicken is coated.
- Add the chicken to the melted butter and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and the pasta to the pan and stir.
- Place the lid on the pan, making sure the vent is sealed.
- Set the instant pot to high pressure for 3 minutes.
- It will take a little bit for the pressure to build up, and the food will be cooking while the pressure builds.
- When the timer is finished, do a quick release and carefully open the pot.
CAUTION: Hot steam will escape and can burn the skin, keep back and use a dish towel if necessary to block the steam.
- Turn the pan back on to Saute and add the cream cheese to the noodles.
- Place the lid on the pan for 2 minutes.
- Turn OFF the instant pot.
- Add the broccoli and place the lid back on the pan. Allow the broccoli to steam for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and gently stir in the cream cheese and broccoli into the noodles.
- Add the heavy cream, colby jack and half the parmesan cheese to the pot, toss to combine and allow the cheese to melt and the cream to get warm.
- Serve each plate with a sprinkle of parmesan, crushed red pepper flakes!