Mint Oreo Layered Cake is not only stunningly gorgeous but it tastes fantastic & it is sure to impress! It’s three delicious layers with a Oreo mint buttercream in between each layer. Frosted with a beautiful Ombre buttercream & topped off with a mint oreo crumbs with a chocolate ganche.
So, I have been baking up a storm lately getting up a bunch of amazing layered cakes here on my blog for you all to enjoy!
Please check out my ‘Cake Section” you are sure to find something you’ll love there!
My next cake with be a three layer Orange Creamsicle cake– lord yes! stay tuned my friends!
This cake is not only beautiful to look at but outstanding in flavor as well- sure to impress everyone who takes a bite!
This cake is a mint lovers dream come true!
I mixed in some vanilla in the cake layers and also in some of the buttercreams so the mint is not overwhelming but just perfect!
It literally tastes like Andes mints but in a cake form- drool!!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Mint Oreo Layered Cake!
- 3 9 inch round cake pans
- 3 sheets of parchment paper
- 1 10 inch round cake board
- 1 C whole milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp mint extract
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 2 C sugar
- 3 C flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 5 large egg whites
- Kelly green, leaf green and mint green gel food coloring
- 4 C crushed mint oreos, leaving some whole mint oreo's for decorating
- 2 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 4 C powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 C mint Oreo's, finely crushed
- 4-6 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 3 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 6 C powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 5-6 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 3 disposable piping bags
- 1 disposable piping bag fitted with a medium star tip
- 2 C semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 C heavy whipping cream
- 1 squeeze bottle
Makes 1 large 9inch 3 layered cake
Mint oreo cake Ingredients
Mint oreo frosting
Vanilla frosting ingredients
- Preheat oven to 350 degree's and spray all 3 cake pan with pam baking spray and set aside
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the milk and vanilla and set aside
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder
- Alternating between the milk and dry ingredients, gradually pour into the butter mixture. Mixing on low to medium speed until combined
- Using another large mixing bowl and a hand mixer, beat the eggs until stiff peaks form
- Fold into the cake batter
- Divide the batter between three bowls
- Mix in a few drops of kelly green food coloring into one bowl
- Mix in a few drops of leaf green food coloring into the second bowl
- Min in a few drops of mint green food coloring into the third bowl
- You should have three different shades of green
- Pour the batter's into the cake pans
- Bake in the oven for 23-26 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean in the center
- Allow the cakes to cool completely before removing from cake pans
- Place the cakes onto a cutting board
- Using a cake slicer, remove the domes from the cakes
- Place one layer of cake onto the cake board
- Using a standing mixer, beat all ingredients together of the mint oreo frosting until stiff peaks form. About 5-7 minutes
- Scoop about 1 C of the mint oreo frosting onto the darker green cake layer
- Sprinkle 1/2 C of the crushed oreos onto the top of the frosting
- Place the second lighter green cake layer on top
- Repeat steps with the frosting and another cup of crushed oreos
- Place the last layer of cake on top
- Using a standing mixer, combine all of the vanilla ingredients into the mixer and mix until stiff peaks form
- Scoop two cups of frosting onto the cake and frost the cake
- Smooth with an angled spatula until smooth
- Place a 9 inch round cake board onto the top of the cake
- Split the frosting into three bowls
- Mix in leaf green food coloring into one bowl
- Mix in mint green food coloring into the second bowl
- Leave the third bowl white
- Scoop each frosting into their own piping bags
- Scoop some white vanilla frosting into the piping bag with the star tip
- Cut the tips off the piping bags
- Pipe the darker green around the edge of the bottom of the cake twice
- Pipe the lighter green around the middle twice
- Pipe the white frosting around the top twice
- Smooth with an angled spatula
- In a small pot, heat up the heavy whipping cream until simmering
- Place the chocolate chips into a heat safe bowl
- Once the heavy whipping cream is steaming, pour the heavy whipping cream over the chocolate chips and let sit for a minute
- Whisk until smooth
- Gradually pour the chocolate ganache into drizzles over the top of the cake
- Allow the ganache to harden
- Pipe vanilla frosting, sprinkle some crushed oreos over the vanilla frosting, place the whole oreos onto the side of the frosting
- Cut into slices and enjoy!
Mint Oreo Frosting directions: