For awhile now, I have been meaning to make this cake for you all!
Mainly because for one, its completely delicious and secondly because you loved my Lemon cake SO much, that I felt I needed to bring this one to you as well!
If you want to see the Lemon Version Click here–> Lemon 7-Up Cake!
This has got to be one of my all time favorite cakes
It tastes pretty similar to my Lemon 7-up cake, since we will be using soda for this cake like we did with that recipe as well, but this time, Orange soda!
The soda really brings out the moistness in to the cake!
I explain in the instructions below how to get the deep colored orange center.
I added in orange zest to this recipe to give it MORE of an orange flavor.
It really tastes like a creamsicle!
I may have eaten this with a scoop of vanilla ice cream to give myself
the ULTIMATE CREAMSICLE experience LOL 😉
You cannot use diet soda, it needs regular 🙂
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Orange Creamsicle Cake!
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups self rising flour
- 3/4 lb butter, softened (3/4 LB of butter equals 3 sticks)
- 3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup carbonated orange soda beverage, any brand
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 drops Orange Food Coloring (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon Orange Zest
- 2- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon of milk
- one box of orange cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1- 4 ounce box of instant vanilla pudding
- 3/4 cup of carbonated orange soda of your choice/any brand
For the Cake
For the Glaze
NOTE; you need to use a LARGE bundt pan or a tube pan for this recipe. Do NOT fill more than more than two-thirds full because it does rise more than a regular cake due to the soda added. You will have extra batter, so I usually use it to bake cupcakes.
Ingredients using Box Cake Mix
- Mix butter and sugar together for about 10 minutes.
- Add in your eggs-1 at a time, beating after each is added in.
- Add in flour, salt, zest & food coloring.
- Fold in your orange soda of choice.
- Pour into well-greased 12-cup Bundt pan or large 12 cup or more tube pan
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 to 1 hour & 15 min or until fully set
- Remove from oven and transfer to wire rack to cool, then drizzle your glaze on top
- Preheat your oven to 325F
- Grease your bundt pan
- In a separate large bowl combine all the cake ingredients, plus pudding and the soda - mix well
- pour the mixed batter into the greased bundt pan
- Bake for about 45 to 55 minutes or until set
- allow to cool completely before removing from the pan
- top with Glaze
- Combine all the glaze ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until the glaze is pretty thick
- thick, adding more or less liquid/powdered sugar so you can get the correct consistency
- Drizzle glaze all over the cake
To get the DEEP orange color that dips into the center, you see on my cake, I used a separate bowl (once all batter was ready to be poured into the pan) removed about one cup of the batter, placed it in the bowl and added an extra drop of orange food coloring and a little pinch more orange zest, I then poured this FIRST, into my pan, before added the rest of the batter. (this is optional)