This is one of my all time favorite cakes because the flavors are classic and the taste is phenominal!
Its ultra MOIST too which makes for one amazing cake!
Ive done it with pineapple too but this time I used apple!
It had my house smelling amazing , just like Fall!
The frosting is something straight out of heaven, trust me.
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Fall Preacher Cake
- 1/2 box spice cake mix plus
- 1/2 box orange cake mix
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups diced peeled apple
- Chopped pecans/walnuts
- 7 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups un-salted butter at cool room temp
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp. of salt
Ingredients for cake:
Brown sugar frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease and flour a 9x13 baking dish.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, add the cake mixes, spices, oil, eggs, vanilla and buttermilk.
- Start the mixer on low speed, increasing to medium speed,
- Mix for five minutes.
- Fold in the diced apples and pour into the prepared cake pan.
- Pour the batter into your baking dish.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick in the center of the cake if it comes out clean it is fully baked.
- Place the cake to the side to cool.
- Prepare the frosting as directed.
- Spread the frosting on the top of the cake evenly.
- Garnish with mixed nuts
- In a small saucepan add your milk over medium heat.
- Add the flour into milk, stirring constantly, until it thickens.
- Remove from heat and let it cool to room temperature.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Allow the mixture to cool.
- In a separate cream the butter, sugar, and salt together until light and fluffy on medium high, about 3 minutes.
- Add the milk mixture to the butter mixture.
- Using a hand mixer beat the mixture for about 5 minutes on medium-high to high until it looks like whipped cream.
Directions for cake:
Brown sugar frosting Directions: