Who doesn’t LOVE potatoes?!
I may have a slight obsession with anything ‘potato’.
It tends to be a side dish with dinner more often than not 🙂
Crispy and perfectly seasoned.
These are perfect with Steak, Chicken or by themselves… seriously. 😉
You can use any potatoes for this recipe, but Yukon Gold are the very best!
Roasted Potatoes with Bacon, Garlic & Onions!
- 6 Large potatoes, unpeeled and cut into medium sized cubes
- 10 Slices of Bacon, cooked & crumbled- reserving half of the bacon fat
- 1 Large Onion, finely chopped
- 3 Large cloves of Garlic, peeled and finely diced
- 1/4 cup of broth (Chicken or Beef)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 TB of Butter, melted
- 1/2 Cup of your favorite cheese (cheese is optional & should be added 5 minutes prior to the potatoes being done)
- 1 teaspoon Parsley
- Preheat oven to 425F
- In a ungreased 9x13 baking dish, add the reserved bacon fat to the bottom
- Place the cubed potatoes in the baking dish, then use a spoon to coat them in the bacon fat then spread them out in an even layer across the bottom
- Pour the broth & butter over top of the potatoes
- In a separate bowl, take the chopped onion, diced garlic and combine, then season lightly with salt, pepper & parsley and mix
- Sprinkle the onion/garlic mixture evenly over the potatoes
- Bake at 425F for 45 minutes or until potatoes are browned but tender in the center
- Remove from oven and lightly stir potatoes, then top with the cooked/crumbed bacon and add cheese now if you choose to use some
- Place back into the oven for just 5 minutes, then remove
- Serve Immediately.