Soft & Chewy Classic Peanut Butter Cookies are a holiday staple! They are packed full of real creamy peanut butter in a soft yet chewy thick cookie that is extraordinary!
Okay, first off, the flavor of these cookies is phenomenal. Absolutely delicious. The problem is, you definitely should make multiple bathes because we had made them for friends and family to give out and my whole family ate them before they could be packaged!
This truly is an excellent recipe my foodie friends. My family loves peanut butter cookies so much, if you want an even softer cookie just increase the flour by 1/4 cup and also add an extra 1/4 cup more peanut butter!
They were a hit with whoever tastes them, seriously. Ive made them super soft and gooey by adding that extra flour and peanut butter and Ive made them chewier – its just whatever you feel like you’re in the mood for that day! They are all crazy goooood! Pull them out of the oven even when they are soft, and let them cool, they will be just the right crispiness on top but soft on the inside!
Just for something a little different Ive also thrown in a package of chocolate or peanut butter chips to the dough. I know some people complain that sometimes cookies they have tried come out flat! Know why? You need to Chill the dough till somewhat firm and you won’t end up with thin cookies…no need to add more flour or try tweaking it!
Remember when you are placing them on the cookie sheet, Don’t flatten the cookies down too much unless you want a crunchier cookie 🙂
These delicious cookies are a holiday favorite and a must make for the baking season! Wonderful for Thanksgiving or for Christmas, bake sales, cookie platters or as delicious gifts!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Soft & Chewy Classic Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar, for rolling
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together butter and peanut butter until combined.
- Add white and brown sugar and beat for 2-3 minutes, until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and mix again until combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda and whisk until combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the stand mixer while mixing on low speed.
- Do not overmix the dough.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours, until dough is firm enough to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a 1 tbsp. cookie scoop to scoop cookie dough and roll into a ball.
- Roll the cookie dough balls in white sugar and place on the baking sheet.
- Press the cookies down with a fork to create a criss-cross pattern on the cookies.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes and let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.