Strawberry Creamsicle Layered Cake is a strawberries and cream dream with decadent layers of real whipped frosting between strawberry cake!
What a beautiful cake for your loved ones this upcoming Valentines Day?!
Its a incredible three layered cake with loads of strawberry infused right inside!
Its light and fresh and totally makes me think about how much I miss Springtime!
Its deceptively easy to make as well because i did use a doctored up box mix!
This beauty tastes and looks just like a bakery cake!
Yet its is easier than anyone would ever guess it to be!
It’s full of fresh strawberries in the cake and the icing.
This strawberry cake completely blew my friends and family away with how crazy delish it was!
The cake is pink naturally, but if you wanted it a bit more red for Valentines day you could just drop a couple drops of red food coloring into the batter for a more dramatic look!
This cake was soooo good everyone who tried it said it was the best strawberry cake they’ve ever tasted!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Strawberry Creamsicle Layered Cake!
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- One box white cake mix
- 1 box of strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup strawberry puree (above)
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup roughly chopped strawberries (optional)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Whipped Cream topping
- Place all of the ingredients for the strawberry puree into a small saucepan and bring to a boil for one minute and then remove from heat and add into a food processor and process until there are no large lumps. You can also use a potato smasher or a fork to smash the strawberries as small as possible.
- Prepare 3 6” cake pans with nonstick spray and preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine all dry ingredients for the cake and go through thoroughly with a whisk, this will replace sifting and make sure there are no large lumps. Add in remaining wet ingredients including puree and mix until smooth.
- Distribute the batter evenly between he three cake pans and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- You can use premade whipped topping and just spread on the cake, or you can use this homemade method.
- Pour the heavy whipping cream into the bowl of a stand mixer, or you can use a hand mixer.
- Whisk until the cream stiffens and makes stiff peaks.
- Add in powdered sugar slowly and make sure it is completely combined.
- Once the cakes are cool, even with a serrated knife or cake leveler.
- Lay one layer of cake on a cake board or plate and top with a generous amount of the whipped topping and on some fresh strawberries if you like.
- Add another later of cake and continue.
- Cover the outside of the cake in whipped topping and top with fresh strawberries and I also added some cookies and cream Lindor truffles! Yum!