Valentine’s Day Love Cake is deliciously moist covered in homemade vanilla buttercream frosting! It makes one beautiful cake especially for your loved one!
This cake in insanely delicious and pretty easy considering it is a layered cake. I love to make my husband a sweet treat every valentines day as a special treat for both of us to indulge in!
Make sure that your gorgeous cake cools completely before frosting it! If it’s warm at all, it will probably begin melt the frosting and make it impossible to get even smooth layers.
Store your cake in an airtight container/cake carrier. It will keep at room temperature for 2 days or stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
You can decorate it any way you’d like but I wanted to add the heart on the front for valentines day- I am so happy to be able to share this one with you!
Here on my food blog, I have many many cake recipes- just use the search bar to go through them all! you are sure to find a few you will want to add to your ‘bake list’!
This cake is moist, dense and above all delicious! Not too sweet, with the perfect homemade frosting sandwiched between each layer! You can do a homemade white cake instead of the box mixes if you would prefer- this is a great one here-> White Cake from Scratch
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Valentine's Day Love Cake
- 2 boxes of white cake mix
- 8 large Egg whites
- 1 jar of Maraschino cherries with stems (No oz preference)
- 2 1/2 C water
- 1 C canola oil
- pink gel food coloring
- 3 C unsalted butter, softened
- 6 C powdered sugar
- 5 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pink gel food coloring
- 1 large piping bag with star tip
- 3 - 9inch round cake pans
- 1 - 10inch round cake board
- 2 medium mixing bowls
- 1 medium piping bag
- 1 medium piping bag with #17 tip
- 3 inch bubble heart cookie cutter
- Valentines day pink and white heart sprinkles (Found at walmart, Hobby
- Lobby, Amazon and Etsy)
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray cake pans with pam baking spray
- Using a hand mixer and large bowl, beat all cake ingredients until
- combined and smooth
- Divide the cake batter into two bowls
- Mix in a few drops of Pink food coloring into one bowl
- Leave the batter in the second bowl white
- Alternate the batters by scooping in ¼ C of colored batter into each
- cake pan on top of each other to create a tye dye effect
- Place into the oven and back for 28-32 minutes or until a toothpick
- comes out clean
- Allow to cool completely
- Using a standing mixer, beat all ingredients except for the color
- until combined and smooth but stiff with peaks
- Scoop 2 C of frosting into one of the two medium bowls
- Scoop 1 C of frosting into the second of the two medium bowls
- Mix in 2 drops of pink gel food coloring into one of the bowls
- with the 2 C of frosting.
- Mix in 4 drops of gel food coloring into the second bowl
- Scoop 1 C of white frosting into 1 side of the large piping bag with
- the star tip
- Scoop 1 C of the light pink frosting into the other side of the same piping bag
- Place one cake layer onto the cake board and cut the dome off the cake
- to make an even layer
- Repeat step with other two layers
- Scoop 1 C of white frosting onto the bottom layer and spread evenly
- Place the second cake layer on top and spread evenly 1 more cup of frosting
- Place the last layer of cake on top and frost with remaining white frosting
- Place the cake in the fridge to allow the base frosting to harden for
- about 30 minutes
- Using the remaining light pink frosting, place into the microwave for
- about 10 second to soften it
- Scoop into the piping bag
- Scoop the darker pink into the other piping bag with the #17 tip
- Using the piping bag with the lighter pink, cut the tip off the bag
- Pipe drips around the edge of the cake
- Sprinkle some of the heart sprinkles onto the drips
- Lightly push the cookie cutter into the front center of the cake to
- create an outline
- Using the darker pink frosting, pipe and fill in the heart
- Using the larger piping bag with the star tip, pipe dollops of
- frosting onto the top of the cake
- Sprinkle some more sprinkles
- Top with cherries and enjoy!
Building the Cake directions :