So many connamon rolls all over the internet my friends, but true me when I say,
that this is the ONLY one you are ever going to need in your life!
They are pillowy-soft, slathered in the most incredible easy icing!
Just the perfect combination of ingredients to make them the BEST ever!
They are done in under 45 minutes!
These were gone within hours of me making them for Sunday breakfast for my family-
they all went crazy and who doesnt deserve to have a indulgent breakfast every now and then? 🙂
Save them for special occasions, or for get together, pot lucks or even just dessert!
These are SOOO much better than cinnabon!
These melt in your mouth and are pretty easy to make!
I love to make EXTRA Icing Glaze because I think everyone wants that 🙂
They are large, soft and gooey perfection!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
45 Minute Homemade Cinnamon Buns!
- 2 and 3/4 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package instant yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, the sugar, salt, and yeast together until evenly dispersed. Set aside. In a small microwavable bowl, heat the water, milk, and butter together in the microwave until the butter is melted (about 30-45 seconds).
- Stir the butter mixture into the flour mixture.
- Add the egg and knead with hand or with a stand mixer for 3-4 minutes or until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Place in a lightly greased bowl and let rest for about 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and turn off after 10 minutes or just before placing rolls in the oven.
- Allow the dough to rest for 5 minutes, and then roll it out into a 15x9" rectangle.
- Spread the softened butter over the dough, and sprinkle with the cinnamon and sugar.
- Roll the dough into a log starting at the wide end and pinch the seam to seal it.
- Slice 9 even pieces out of the log and place in a greased 8x8 (or 9x9) square baking dish.
- Make sure the oven is off and place the cinnamon buns in the oven to rise for 20 minutes.
- Keep the buns in the oven and turn on the oven to 375F.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Mix the powdered sugar, vanilla, and 2 tablespoons milk together until smooth. Add an additional tablespoon of milk if you like a thinner glaze. Spread over the tops of the cinnamon buns and serve hot!
For the Icing Glaze