This is the recipe for the Best Sugar Cookies you will ever try! They are perfect for Decorating and only take 6 common ingredients and require NO CHILLING!
Whether you like your cookies plain right out of the oven, frosted, sprinkled or any way you want! we can’t get enough of these perfect cookies!
These perfect sugar cookies come together quickly with only 6 ultra common ingredients; butter, eggs, sugar , vanilla extract , flour and baking powder!
They are so soft and chewy and one of the best things about this recipe?
there is NO chilling involved either!! This Sugar Cookie recipe is one you will come back to time and time again!
Not only will you most likely already have the ingredients on hand, but you dont have to worry about the cookies keeping their shape while baking, THEY DO!
This will be the only recipe you will ever need! Whether you want christmas cookies or use cookie cutter hearts for Valentines day! This recipe will be your go to for any occasion!
Can I use a hand or stand mixer?
You sure can! Using a mixer can help to speed up your prep time too. Just be careful to not over-mix your butter and sugar- you want them incorporated evenly, but not too fluffy because it’ll create air bubbles.
They really have an awesome taste and texture and I love how they keep their shape while baking so you dont end up with some odd looking cut outs.
Everyone needs a good staple sugar cookie recipe that they can trust, thats tried and true- no fail!. This is the one for you!
What could be even more incredible? Well, theres more my baker friends! This is 100% beginner friendly too! It is nearly impossible to mess this recipe up, how amazing is that!?
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Best Sugar Cookies (perfect for Decorating)
For The cookies:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For The Icing (Optional):
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cups icing sugar sifted
- Red green and royal blue food coloring gel
- Whisk together the flour & baking powder in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl beat the butter and sugar until light using a hand mixer (or stand mixer), about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat further until combined.
- Finally, add the flour and beat until you get a soft smooth dough.
- Divide it in half, cover with plastic and freeze for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Preheat your oven to 350 F & Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/4 –in. thick.
- Cut out desired shapes using cookie cutters and place on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (depends on the size of your cookies). Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheets for 2-3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
- Decorate cookies with icing if desired.
- In a large bowl beat egg whites with lemon juice using a hand mixer.
- Add the sugar and beat until smooth and thick.
- If it is too runny, add more sugar. And if it is too thick to your liking, add 1-2 tablespoons of milk.
- Add the food coloring of your choice.
- Decorate cookie immediately.