Create a sweet and slightly crunchy dessert when preparing this Bourbon Pecan Pie recipe. It’s an enhanced version of a classic pie that everyone can enjoy for all occasions.
If you’re a fan of pecan pie, learn how to make it from scratch using ingredients like chopped pecans, bourbon, brown sugar, and more! It’s much better when you make the dessert from scratch using fresh, wholesome ingredients.
Bourbon Pecan Pie
One of my favorite desserts of all time is this Bourbon Pecan Pie. There is a lot to love about it, from its slightly crunchy texture to its sweet and tasty flavor. Even people who don’t typically eat pecans can quickly fall in love with the taste of this homemade pie. If you’re interested in giving it a try and want to impress your loved ones this holiday season with your baking skills, I highly recommend gathering the ingredients needed and getting started.
Why You’ll Love This Bourbon Pecan Pie Recipe
- It’s not too complicated. Even if you’re a beginner baker, you can still have fun assembling the ingredients in this recipe and preparing a delicious dessert for everyone to enjoy.
- It has the perfect sweet taste. With dark brown sugar, corn syrup, and other added ingredients, this Bourbon Pecan Pie is everything you’d expect it to be.
- You can make it in advance. If you know you want to make this for the holidays, you can prepare it in your spare time and then store it in an airtight container for up to four days before you serve it.
Pecan Pie Ingredients
- Pecans – When preparing this pie, you’ll need both chopped pecans and pecan halves.
- Dark Corn Syrup – The sweet, flavorful syrup keeps those pecans sticking perfectly together to form the pie.
- Bourbon – A splash of bourbon enhances the taste of this traditional dessert.
- Vanilla – Add notes of vanilla with a bit of the extract added to your pie filling.
- All-Purpose Flour – Use the flour in both the filling and to prepare the crust for this pie.
You only need a few other ingredients: salt, cold butter, whole milk, ice water, eggs, white and brown sugar, and melted butter.
Pecan Pie Notes
- If you don’t have dark corn syrup available to use to prepare this pie, feel free to use light corn syrup. It will still work, and the pie will still have an excellent taste to it.
- Don’t overwork the dough to your homemade crust. If you do this, the butter will start to melt directly into the dough, resulting in a greasy crust that won’t taste nearly as good.
- If you’re a fan of the bourbon flavoring and want a stronger taste, I’d recommend allowing your pecans to soak in the bourbon overnight. It’s a great way to get them to hold that incredible taste, enhancing the flavor of your Bourbon Pecan Pie!
Bourbon Pecan Pie FAQs
What is the texture of this pie?
The Bourbon Pecan Pie has a slightly flaky, crunchy texture, yet it’s still soft and perfect for people of all ages to enjoy.
What brand of bourbon would I need to use for this recipe?
You can use any brand of bourbon that you personally like best. While there are plenty of brands to choose from, Jim Beam is an excellent choice!
What should I serve with this pie?
When serving this pie to friends and family, you can add a dollop of whipped cream on top of it to give it that extra taste. In addition, you can serve this pie with a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream. It goes great with ice cream. You can truly serve anything your heart desires with this baked treat.
Can I use glazed pecans when preparing this pie?
While you can use glazed pecans, they will make this pie a bit sweeter. If you don’t mind having a sweeter pie, feel free to use the glazed pecans when preparing this homemade Bourbon Pecan Pie from scratch.
If you’re looking for a flavorful recipe to follow this holiday season, try the Bourbon Pecan Pie. It’s loaded with flavor, easy to make, and perfect for people who love pecans! If this sounds like you, gather your ingredients and get started.
MORE RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE!
Bourbon Pecan Pie
- 1 1/3 c all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c +2 Tbsp cold salted butter cubed
- 2 Tbsp whole milk
- 2 Tbsp ice water
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 c granulated sugar
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 3/4 c dark corn syrup
- 1/4 c bourbon
- 3 Tbsp salted butter melted
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 c chopped pecans
- 3/4 c pecan halves
- In a food processor combine flour and salt. Add in cubed butter and pulse until incorporated. While the processor is running, stream the milk in through the chute, then stream in the water. Mix until the dough comes together. Form the dough into a disc, then cover well with plastic wrap. Place into the fridge to chill for 1 hour.
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, sugar and brown sugar. Mix in corn syrup, bourbon, melted butter and vanilla. Add flour and salt and mix to combine. Add in the pecans and fold in using a rubber spatula. Set aside.
- Towards the end of the chill time, preheat the oven to 375°. Lightly spray a 9" pie plate with baking spray and set aside. Once the dough has chilled, remove from the fridge and place it onto a clean, floured surface and roll out into a 11-12" circle. Transfer the dough on top of the prepared pie plate, then press it down evenly. Fold the edges of the dough under itself and crimp around the rim to form a crust. Cut off any excess.
- Pour the filling into the crust, then place pecan halves on top. Place into the preheated oven on the center rack and bake for 20 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350° and bake for another 25 minutes. Once baked, remove from the oven and place onto a wire cooling rack to let cool completely before cutting.