One of my families favorite recipes EVER.
This takes a few ingredients that most people already have in their kitchen!
The flavor is outstanding and it pairs well with most ANY meat or even hot dogs!
Baked beans are a sure comfort food that everyone loves, this recipe just takes them to a whole other level of awesomeness!
Basically throw it all together and bake – its very easy and the taste is worth the wait!
Everyone will be begging for seconds! I always used to make our beans this way but id pre-cook the bacon and mix it in with everything else, until I saw my friend Mary, from Sweet little bluebird put the bacon on TOP and I HAD to try it that way! we LOVED it!
Its on my weekly side-dish rotation in my house, im sure you will want it on yours too! 🙂
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Brown Sugar Bacon Baked Beans- BEST EVER!
- 5 cans of pork and beans (15oz cans)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup sweet baby rays bbq sauce
- 4 tablespoons spicy mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 slices uncooked THICK bacon, cut in 2-3 inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 325F
- In a medium skillet, saute onions over medium/high heat in the butter until onions are nice and soft.
- In a large mixing bowl add in all the spices, beans, the cooked onions and mix until fully combined.
- Pour in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Top with the thick uncooked bacon in single layers along the top
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until the top is dark and carmelized nicely