Brown Sugar Lemon Chicken Skillet is an incredibly juicy, pan seared chicken topped with a delicious brown sugar lemon garlic sauce that’s sure to please any crowd!
This super easy one pan skillet chicken is a must try meal that is sure to please even the pickiest eaters!
This skillet meal is truly a restaurant quality dinner that’s extremely easy to make in just 40 minutes!
the flavor is outstanding and the chicken is ultra juicy and fall off the bone tender!
I love to serve it over rice or with mashed potatoes and a salad!
I especially favor using chicken thighs because not only are they almost always juicy but they are also budget friendly!
This dinner is sure to become a family favorite recipe! Completely flavorful and tender, it’s surely the ultimate one pan dish!
With just very simple ingredients, this is a recipe that the whole family will enjoy!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Brown Sugar Lemon Chicken Skillet!
- 4 chicken thighs, bone in skin on
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 lemon
- Olive oil or cooking spray
- Fresh parsley to garnish
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 50 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the spice mix.
- Season each chicken thigh on both sides.
- Gently lift the skin and rub the spices underneath as well.
- Heat a cast iron skillet on medium-high heat.
- Allow the skillet to get hot by waiting about 5 minutes before adding two tablespoons of olive oil. After the oil is hot, place the chicken thighs in the skillet top down.
- Allow the chicken to cook for about 4 minutes without touching.
- They should turn a nice golden brown color.
- Flip the chicken and allow them to cook on the bottom side for about 4 minutes.
- Remove the chicken thighs and place on a plate.
- Pour one cup of chicken broth in the hot skillet to deglaze the pan.
- Use a wooden spoon to scrape off any brown bits.
- Add minced garlic and the juice of 1 lemon to the pan, stir.
- Place the chicken back in the skillet and allow the sauce to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and place the skillet in the preheated oven for 35 minutes to finish the cooking process.
- Remove from the oven and allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve warm.