Candied Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf is incredibly moist and flavorful! perfectly served with mashed potatoes!
In our house all you have to say is the word bacon. My whole family is in! We love our bacon 🙂
I love candied bacon, I make it for my family at least twice a week! So adding it to my famous meatloaf recipe, I knew it was sure to be a huge hit with everyone!
This is such a comfort food and its requested often in my house! Along with my philly cheesesteak meatloaf- be sure to check that recipe out here on the blog– everyone adores it!
Dinner doesnt have to be plain and boring– not with all these recipes here 🙂
There is no better food on the planet than bacon wrapped meatloaf. It has EVERYTHING I’ve ever loved in one of my all time favorite meals!
I love making a couple loaves for dinner and then having it throughout the week for lunches! It makes an amazing sandwich on crusty italian bread! trust me on this one!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Candied Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf
- 6 slicesThick Cut bacon
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
Brown Sugar Glaze:
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Combine bread crumbs, milk, eggs, salt, parsley, 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, onion powder, garlic in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Combine the beef and pork into egg mixture and mix together well using your hands making sure to combine all ingredients well.
- Form into a loaf and place into the prepared loaf pan.
- Place the bacon slices along the top of the loaf like you see in my uncooked photo.
- Bake in the preheated oven on the middle rack for 40 minutes.
- While the loaf is cooking, combine all glaze ingredients in a small bowl until well combined.
- Remove loaf from the oven and brush glaze mixture evenly over the top.
- Increase oven temperature to 400F and cook an additional 8 minutes
- Use a meat instant-read thermometer and insert into the center, it should read at least 160F
- Allow to rest for about 10 minutes before cutting.