These delicious Caramel Apple Cupcakes are topped with a yummy caramel buttercream that you could eat with a spoon its so good!
– ok, maybe thats just me, but still! LOL
I have a huge obsession with all things caramel… these my friends, are fantastic!
from scratch, so of course that makes them even better!
These did not last long in this house!
Im pretty sure I sampled way more of these than anyone one person should, but they have this flavor that is out of this world!
Im thinking of doing a sheet cake!
Cupcakes are one of my all time most favorite things for dessert, these are sure to become a family favorite in your home!
Caramel Apple Cupcakes!
- 1 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup salted butter, slightly melted
- 1 large apple, chopped
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup shortening
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners
- Mix flour, sugars, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, vanilla extract, sour cream, applesauce and butter.
- Mix on medium speed just until combined and smooth. Be careful not to over mix.
- Stir in chopped apples
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full.
- Bake 17-19 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 1-2 minutes, then move to cooling rack to finish cooling.
- To make the buttercream, cream butter and shortening until smooth
- Add 2 cups of powdered sugar and mix until creamy
- Add caramel and mix again until creamy
- Add remaining powdered sugar and mix one more time until smooth and cream
- Pipe frosting onto cupcakes and a drizzle of caramel