This Pound cake is literally AMAZING ..
I’m not just saying that, it seriously is one of the best desserts I have ever made!
This needs to be on your baking list because it will shock everyone how good it is!
I make multiple loaves of these,
because all of my friends and family always want me to give them one! LOL
This, with a HUGE glass of cold milk…heaven…
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Chocolate Pumpkin Bread!
- 1 C unsalted butter (room temp)
- 1 1/2 C brown sugar (packed)
- 4 large eggs (room temp)
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree (should be about 2 cups)
- 2 C flour
- 1/2 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 C dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 C heavy cream
Pound Cake Ingredients:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prep two loaf pans with baking spray.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Set aside.
- Cream butter in a large bowl with mixer on medium speed.
- Add brown sugar.
- Continue to beat until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add in pumpkin puree.
- Mix again. (Mixture will be soupy)
- Lower mixer speed to low and slowly add flour mixture to butter/pumpkin mixture, (mixture should be completely combined.)
- Bake at 350-degree oven for 40-45 minutes. (Or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.)
- Remove cakes from the oven.
- Allow the cakes rest in pans for 30 minutes.
- Turn out onto racks to cool completely.
- Place chocolate chips and cream in a microwave-safe dish. Heat on high for 1 minute in a microwave.
- Let rest for 2 minutes.
- Stir until completely smooth and all chocolate is melted.
- Set aside 1/4 of the ganache and put it into a pastry bag,
- Pour the rest of the ganache over the pound cake.
- Set aside for a few minutes,
- Squeeze the chocolate in a pastry bag to drizzle over cakes as desired.
Pound Cake Instructions: