I could NOT stop popping one after the other, they are so fantastic!
These Cinnamony-Delicious bites are sent from Heaven!
If you’re looking for a quick and fun recipe to try?
I’d highly suggest giving these mini cinnamon sugar bites of heaven a try!
Because you can’t go wrong when it comes to homemade doughnut holes! 🙂
They are pretty much everything you want in a doughnut hole: soft, doughy center, slightly crisp exterior and sticky Cinnamon Sugar Coating aka Snickerdoodle!
I dare you to TRY to eat just one! 🙂
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook & PIN IT!
Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut Holes – BITE SIZE
- 5 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2-3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
For the Coating:
- Keep in mind that this dough will expand when it is fried, so just 1 tablespoon of the batter will yield about a 2-inch doughnut hole. If you would a SMALLER doughnut hole, drop only about 1 teaspoon of batter into the oil. You should get about 24 larger doughnut holes or 48 small ones
- In a Large pot or deep fryer add the oil, using a deep-fry thermometer is extremely helpful and recommended because you want the oil to be 350ºF. Carefully place dough balls into the hot oil; cook until light golden brown.
- Using wire skimmer or metal slotted spoon, transfer holes to wire rack lined with a paper towel OR into a paper bag if you want to just shake them one by one until coated with the mixture. Lightly brush each one with melted butter before coating!
- Serve room temp