When anyone asks me what my all time favorite cookie is,
I will always have the same answer…OREOS.
These cupcakes and the frosting are so delicious,
I dare you to not try and hide them, so you don’t have to share! lol 😀
If you have been following my blog for awhile now, you probably have seen my Homemade Hersheys Cake that has been one of my most visited recipes
(and one of my first too) since I began blogging!
These cupcakes are incredible, seriously, Hershey’s is amazing!
Cookies & Cream Frosting!
- 1 cup whole milk
- 5 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup crushed Oreos, with cream still inside!
- 1/2 cup Hersheys unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup real buttermilk
Chocolate Cupcake Ingredients:
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl/mixer whisk the hersheys powder, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs,sugar, brown sugar, oil, and vanilla together until completely incorporated and smooth.
- Pour half of the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, then half of the buttermilk while mixing on low speed and repeat with the remaining wet ingredients and buttermilk, being sure not to overmix, you just want it so all the ingredients are combined but not TOO much.
- Spoon the batter into the liners - fill only halfway to avoid spilling over the sides.
- Bake 16-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before adding your yummy frosting!
- Pour one cup of cold milk in a small pot and add in 5 TB of flour with the milk and on a very low heat setting, mix until combined. Mixture will be thick.
- Remove from heat and place into the fridge/freezer for about 15 minutes, you want it COLD.
- In a medium bowl add the mixture and combine the butter, sugar and vanilla extract, mix well.. Once completely incorporated, use a mixer/hand mixer and beat until the frosting is light and fluffy, which is about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in 1 cup crushed Oreos (with cream still inside )and mix for an additional 45 seconds.
HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE DIRECTIONS:
COOKIES AND CREAM FROSTING DIRECTIONS: