My LOVE of Lemon continues!
Have you ever been to Starbucks and had their Lemon cake?
This is basically a copycat recipe of that amazing cake!
This pound cake is FANTASTIC! You’re Welcome 😉
Bursting with lemon through-out!
This is one of those cakes that you bake and it’s GONE in the same day it was made!
Its THAT good.
Such a simple recipe that even novice bakers will be able to pull off with ease!
Easy Lemon Pound Cake with Lemon Icing!
- 1 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- juice from 2 lemons
- Preheat your over to 350F.
- grease your bundt pan
- In a large bowl, combine Sugar, Flour, baking powder and lemon zest
- once combined, add in the softened butter and mix till incorporated
- Gradually add in the milk, lemon juice and vanilla extract & mix until well combined
- Pour batter into the greased bundt pan
- bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted
- allow to cool for about 10 minutes, before flipping it over onto a serving dish
- While cooling, prepare your cake icing glaze
- combine the confectioners sugar and the lemon juice until you get your desired consistency, for thicker icing use less lemon juice
- Pour over cooled cake and allow to set for 10 additional minutes prior to serving