One of my all time most favorite things at a cookout
or a get together is pasta salads!
I love ALL of them and when I have a cook out, trust me, I make a lot of them because they are one of the first things everyone flocks to!
Over the years there have been so many coming out left and right, but this one is something special!
This one I have seen floating around numerous places, and since I am a HUGE lover of pepperoni,
I knew it had to be on my menu and appear on my blog to share with you all!
When Spring rolls around and especially Summer, this is a frequent recipe!
You can also add in sliced salami (which I will do next time!) or even ham.
There are so many things you can throw in here to change up the flavors!
I used rotini pasta for this one because its been one of my favorites since I was a child, such a fun shape!
PLUS, its what is usually used in pasta salad recipes, though you can use any shape!
I used Wishbone Italian dressing but you can substitute for basically any type you prefer, even adding in a Tablespoon of Mayo with the dressing gives it an extra kick of flavor 🙂
One of the best things about pasta salads is that they keep SO well and can also be made in advance!
The longer it has to sit, trust me, it tastes even better because all the flavors meld together.
Kids love it too!
It will be a recipe you will come back to time and time again!
Next time I might use more pepperoni, because you can never have too much 😉
You can top with some parmesan cheese before serving if you’d like as well 🙂
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Italian Pizza Pasta Salad!
- 1 16 ounce box of Rotini pasta (or any shape you prefer)
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 large green bell pepper diced
- 1 can of black olives drained
- 1/2 pound of provolone cheese cut into cubes
- 1/4 Pound of Mozzarella cheese cut into cubes
- 1/2 small Onion diced
- 1/2 Pound of sliced pizza sized pepperoni OR Salami cut into halves
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 8 ounce bottle of Italian dressing (I used Wishbone)
- 1 Tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente, rinse under cold water and drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta & all ingredients - except the dressing and cheeses.
- Toss together until well-coated.
- Refrigerate until FULLY chilled- about 2-3 hours, though overnight is best if possible.
- Before serving, add dressing and cheese; mix together well.
Did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest for more recipes!
Comments & Reviews
You don’t put the Italian dressing on when you put it in the fridge?
guns of boom hacks says
You will certainly get pleasure from its fascinating gameplay.