Lemon Cake Mix Cookies are so soft and packed with real lemon flavor, topped with an incredible Zesty Lemon Glaze!
If you love the taste of lemon, you will go crazy for this Lemon Glaze Cake Mix Cookies Recipe! They’re a simple and delicious treat to make.
Preparing fresh baked cookies has never been easier with this tasty Lemon Glaze Cake Mix Cookies recipe. If you love the sweet and citrus-like taste of lemon, this recipe is a must-try for you.
Lemon Cake Mix Cookies with Glaze
Who doesn’t love a good cookie? Whether you’re looking for a recipe to prepare for yourself or friends and family, this is a simple and delicious one to try. Not only are the Lemon Glaze Cake Mix easy enough to prepare in less than 30 minutes, but they’re also full of fantastic flavor, making everyone want more of them. So, if you like the sweet taste of lemon, what are you waiting for? Give these incredible cookies a try because they won’t disappoint!
Why You’ll Love the Lemon Cake Mix Cookies
You’ll only need around five ingredients to make the cookies and then a handful of additional ingredients for the glaze.
These cookies are moist and delicious. They have the perfect texture that keeps you coming back for more.
The recipe is so simple, making it easier than ever to prepare fresh cookies at home instead of buying them at the store.
Lemon Cake Mix Cookie Substitutes
While these are Lemon Cookies from cake mix, you can use any cake mix you want. If you want full lemon flavor, stick with the lemon cake mix, such as Betty Crocker. However, if you don’t want too much lemon flavor in your cookies, use vanilla or chocolate cake mix, depending on what you prefer.
Feel free to skip the glaze. While the glaze adds more flavor to these cookies, you don’t have to add it if you’re not a fan of cookies with glaze on top. Be sure to use the glaze if you’re preparing these cookies with vanilla or chocolate cake mix so that you can still enjoy some lemon flavoring.
If you want lemon cookies with a vanilla glaze, don’t add lemon zest or lemon juice to the glaze. Instead, use water with powdered sugar and a bit of vanilla extract for a great taste.
FAQs for Iced lemon cookies
Can I add sprinkles to these cookies?
Absolutely. The great thing about these cookies, other than their incredible taste, is that you can add sprinkles and other extras to them, such as mini white chocolate chips!
How many cookies does this recipe yield?
When preparing the Lemon Glaze Mix Cookies, you’ll have 13 cookies available to eat. Be sure to double the recipe to make nearly two dozen cookies for friends and family.
How long does it take to make these cookies?
You can expect to make these cookies in less than 30 minutes. It takes around seven minutes to prepare them, 10 minutes to bake them, and an additional five to cool and add the glaze to them.
What is the best way to add the glaze to these cookies?
Add your glaze by using a spoon to pour it on top, adding as much of the glaze as you’d like. Some people like cookies covered in glaze, while others only like to add a small amount.
Recipe Tips and Suggestions
Be sure to bake your cookies for 10 minutes or less. You don’t want to overcook them in the oven because then they won’t have the right consistency or texture.
After removing the cookies from the oven, set them off to the side to cool for a few minutes while you prepare the glaze. You can get the glaze prepared in a matter of minutes.
If you don’t have lemon zest, you can still prepare the glaze for these cookies without it. The lemon juice will still give these cookies that sweet, zesty taste.
How to Store and Save the Lemon Glazed Cake Mix Cookies
Wait for your cookies to cool completely before you begin storing them in a container. You can use a plastic or glass food storage container or a cookie jar, depending on what you have at home and want to use. Use parchment paper in the container you’re using to store your cookie to keep them from sticking. If your cookies start to feel a bit too hard before you’ve had time to finish them, place a slice of bread in the container. It brings the moisture back to the cookies to keep them softer.
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Lemon Cake Mix Cookies with a Zesty Lemon Glaze
- 1 box lemon cake mix I used Betty Crocker
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or lemon extract
Lemon Glaze Ingredients:
- 2 cups powdered/confectioners sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice or water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix lemon cake mix, eggs, oil, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl until combined (option to use a hand mixer or fork).
- Use a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop to create cookie dough balls and place them about 2” apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes.
- When the center is set or the edges start to brown, remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet.
- While the cookies cool, make the lemon glaze by combining powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and vanilla.
- Add extra lemon juice if needed, but add the third tablespoon slowly and stir while you add so it doesn’t get too thin.
- Transfer cookies to a cooling rack and drizzle or spoon lemon glaze over each cookie (you may want to put parchment paper or foil under cookies so the glaze is easy to clean up).
- Garnish with lemon zest (optional) and let cool completely.