This cake has a special place in my heart.
My father used to make this cake when I was growing up, its pure deliciousness!
This is a VERY easy version that is sure to please everyone in the family!
What makes these incredible, is the fact that they are the perfect little individual servings!
As you can see, I used one of my all time favorite pans, my Pampered Chef Pan!
I swear this pan is completely awesome.
If you don’t have a pampered Chef pan like this one, you can definitely use a muffin pan, it works just as well.
These are SUPER EASY & quite the little fancy dessert! 🙂
Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cakes!
- 4 Tbsp pineapple juice
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tablespoons Pineapple Juice
- 1/4 cup butter -1/2 stick
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1-can pineapple rings
- 8-maraschino cherries
For the Cake
For the Glaze & Topping::
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Spray your pan with non-stick cooking spray or lightly butter.
- In a Large bowl combine the Eggs, Sugar, Pineapple Juice, Flour, Baking Powder & the Salt and mix until well incorporated.
- In a small sauce pan, melt the butter, once melted add in the brown sugar and the 2 tablespoons of pineapple juice and stir constantly on medium heat for 45 seconds, set aside.
- Spoon a layer of the hot mixture into the bottom of each tin, then place a pineapple ring on top. Add a cherry in the middle of each of the pineapples
- Spoon the cake batter into each cup, being sure to only fill each one 3/4 the way full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- Once baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes
- Gently run a knife around the edge of each cake to help loosen, because they tend to stick slightly.
- Place each cake on a wire cooling rack & allow to cool completely