Peanut Butter Brownies is a classic tried and true brownie recipe that will have your taste buds dancing, with its decadent layers of creamy peanut butter & chewy brownie!
This Peanut Butter Brownies recipe makes an excellent and delicious dessert that your family will be asking for you time and time again.
When you want to combine the taste of chocolate and peanut butter to prepare a delicious dessert, give this recipe for Peanut Butter Brownies a try. They’re decadent and delicious!
Peanut butter and chocolate lovers can rejoice over this easy, stress-free recipe for Peanut Butter Brownies. You can enjoy the taste of both chocolate and peanut butter in this simple dessert that you’ll need to keep refrigerated to keep fresh. When you make this recipe, you’ll have around 15 pieces for family and friends to enjoy!
Peanut Butter Brownies
Peanut Butter Brownies are a delicious treat that you can easily prepare using a few essential baking ingredients, including assorted chocolate, all-purpose flour, sugar, and more. It takes around 30 minutes to prepare everything and an additional 30 minutes to bake this dessert, but you’ll also need to allow it to chill in the fridge for four hours before serving it. Feel free to make it in advance and then have it ready to enjoy as a sweet dessert after a delicious dinner with your loved ones.
Ingredients Needed for the Best Brownie Recipe
Be sure to get the following ingredients to prepare these delicious brownies from scratch! You’ll need the following items:
Unsalted Butter – Slice the butter into pieces.
Semi-Sweet Baking Bar – Chop your baking bar into small pieces for this recipe.
Vanilla Extract – Add a touch of vanilla to your brownies using the vanilla extract.
All-Purpose Flour – Use the all-purpose flour as a base for your brownie pie.
Light Brown Sugar – Be sure to use packed light brown sugar to keep this dessert sweet and flavorful.
Peanut Butter – Be sure to select the creamy peanut butter for these brownies.
You’re also going to need several other ingredients, such as granulated sugar, baking soda, fine sea salt, eggs, cream cheese, powdered sugar, whipped topping, and some melted chocolate bark.
What type of chocolate bar will I need to use in this recipe?
You’ll need to use a semi-sweet baking bar. The brand of the chocolate doesn’t matter much at all. Make sure that you’re chopping the chocolate into pieces before you get started.
Which brand of unsweetened cocoa powder is best to use?
Any brand of unsweetened cocoa powder will work in this recipe. However, if you’re looking for a suggestion, both Hershey’s and Nestle make a flavorful unsweetened cocoa powder that you can use.
I have been making this recipe for about 15 years now & it is Absolutely the best recipe out there! You can use creamy or chunky peanut butter. It’s a personal preference as both are good. Just don’t overcook the bottom layer. These brownies can be made about a week ahead & can be stored in the fridge. They taste best if eaten at room temperature. They also freeze beautifully.
What type of peanut butter do I need to use?
You’re going to need creamy peanut butter for this recipe, but the brand doesn’t matter. It’s best to choose a brand of peanut butter that you personally like best, such as Skippy or Jif. You can also feel free to use a generic version of the peanut butter, depending on what you like most and want to use in this recipe.
Which cream cheese is best to add to this dessert?
Be sure to use a block of cream cheese. You’ll need to allow the cream cheese to sit out for a bit so that it softens. It’s easier to work with when the cream cheese has had time to soften and isn’t so stiff.
After you’ve prepared these brownies, you’ll need to store them in the fridge to keep them fresh because you’re using specific ingredients, such as cream cheese, to prepare them. You can let the brownies sit out for about 15 minutes after removing them from the fridge so that they’re not super cold when you go to eat them.
You don’t necessarily need to add chocolate chips to the batter. However, it does take these brownies to the next level, making them even more chocolatey and delicious.
You can add a bit of chocolate on top of these Peanut Butter Pie Brownies as a finishing touch. Some people also like to add miniature Reese’s Cups to add a special touch!
How to Store the Brownies
Allow your Peanut Butter Brownies to cool down completely, slice into them, and then wrap them with plastic wrap. You can place the wrapped brownies into a large food storage container or freezer food storage bag, sealing it to preserve freshness. You’ll need to place these brownies in the fridge to keep them fresh and flavorful until you’re ready to eat them.
This recipe is a purely delicious, tried and true brownie recipe.
The result every single time is a ooey-gooey, ultra fudgy, peanut buttery bar of bliss! If you know a peanut butter lover, you’ve gotta make them these peanut butter brownies!
These are so quick and easy to make, from scratch! They will definitely end up on your baking rotation!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Peanut Butter Brownies
Makes 15 pieces
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Chill Time: 4 hours
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter sliced into tablespoons
- 6 ounces semi-sweet baking bar chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the topping:
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 1/4 cup melted chocolate bark optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a 9x13 with foil and spray with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl add the butter and chopped chocolate.
- Microwave for 30 seconds, stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds, stir.
- Start microwaving at 15-second intervals stirring in between until the mixture is melted.
- Stir in the vanilla and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment add the flour, sugar, brown sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt, stir to combine.
- At low speed add in the eggs one at a time until mixed in.
- Turn the mixer on medium and let it mix for 2 minutes, scrape down the sides.
- Turn the mixer on low and slowly stream in the melted chocolate mixture until combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and just mix them in so they are incorporated through the batter.
This mixture will be very thick.
- Press the brownie batter into the bottom of the baking dish, I find using my hands to spread it out easiest.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the top is set, no longer glossy, and the edges slightly puff up.
- You can take an internal temperature, if the brownies are 165°F they are done.
- Let cool on a wire rack completely.
- Once the brownies are cooled, make the topping by placing the cream cheese in a large bowl.
- With an electric hand mixer beat it until smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar, and mix until smooth.
- Add the peanut butter and vanilla, mix until smooth.
- Fold in the whipped topping until smooth and there are no streaks left, this can take a couple of minutes.
- Smooth the peanut butter mixture on top of the brownies.
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Use the foil to help lift the brownies out of the pan.
- Cut into bars and drizzle with optional melted chocolate bark.
- Serve as is or with your favorite toppings such as whipped cream, chopped peanuts, chocolate chips, or Reese’s pieces!