One of the most popular cupcakes is Red Velvet!
They are a fantastic mini version of everyones all time favorite cake!
I wanted these to be a bit different so I changed the cream cheese frosting a bit!
I added some cocoa to the cream cheese frosting so its chocolate cream cheese!
Let me tell you… it was NOT a mistake… its SO GOOD!
Finish them off with some hot fudge sauce!
Are they gorgeous or what?!
Make these for your loved ones!
Holidays, parties or Valentines Day – they are incredibly delicious!
Red Velvet Cupcakes w/ Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting!
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup butter, soft, plus 4 tbsp.
- 1/4 cup room temp shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 TBSP Red Velvet extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp. Red gel food color
- 1 C soft unsalted butter
- 3 + C powder sugar
- 1 cup of cocoa
- 1/2 cup of cream cheese, softened
- 4 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- Caramel topping
- Hot Fudge topping
- Chocolate Pecan turtle candy
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line your muffin tin with cupcake paper liners.
- Sift your flour, cocoa, baking soda, in a small mixing bowl, set to the side
- In a separate bowl using a stand mixer, cream the butter, shortening and sugar until it is creamy on medium high for 2 min.
- Add the egg white , vanilla, red velvet extract, and red gel food coloring to the mixing bowl
- Mix until well combined
- Now add the flour and milk mix until completely combined.
- Add batter into the lined cupcake tins until 2/3's filled.
- Bake your cupcakes at 350 degrees for 20-22 minutes
- Cool for 10 minutes in the tins
- Remove from cupcake to a wire rack and cool for 30 minutes
- Cream the butter, cocoa, cream cheese and powder sugar until it looks light and creamy.
- Add more powder sugar if the frosting is not thick: add 1/4 cup at a time
- Once frosting is made then to decorate
- Scoop the frosting into a pastry bag with a large tip.
- Twist the open end of the pastry bag to pushing the frosting to the tip.
- Start by frosting on the outside edge of the cupcake working to the center of the cupcake.
- Drizzle the chocolate and caramel sauce on the cupcake
- Garnish with 1/2 of a Chocolate pecan turtle candy