Need the perfect snack to serve for Cinco de Mayo? Prepare these Ritz Churro Bites Recipe that is sure to please everyone with its unique, sweet taste.
What Are Churros?
Churros are a snack that typically consists of fried dough rolled in cinnamon sugar. These sweet treats are often available at carnivals and festivals. However, you can make them at home. The Ritz Churro Bites Recipe takes the flavor of traditional churros, but with a unique twist made with Ritz Bits crackers.
Ingredients Needed to Make the Ritz Churros
Make the Ritz Recipe with minimal ingredients. The only items needed to make these treats are:
- Ritz Bits Peanut Butter. Grab an 8.8 oz package of the peanut Ritz Bits for this recipe.
- Unsalted Butter. You will need one stick of butter.
- Pure Vanilla Extract. The vanilla extract adds a sweet touch to this delicious treat.
- Ground Cinnamon. Give your crackers that true churro taste with cinnamon.
You will also need light brown sugar, white sugar, and a pinch of salt to prepare this fun and tasty recipe.
Can I Use Bottled Cinnamon Sugar?
You can use a bottle of cinnamon sugar if you can find it at your local grocery store. However, if you have trouble finding cinnamon sugar, you can make it on your own with three ingredients. Combine the ground cinnamon with a pinch of salt and some white sugar to make it and use it on your Ritz Bits.
Can I Use Margarine Instead of Butter?
If you do not have butter, you can use margarine. Make sure to melt the margarine and mix it with the sugar, just like you would with the stick of butter. Use a stick of margarine. If you do not have stick margarine, a ½ cup of margarine is equivalent to about one stick of butter.
How to Store the Ritz Bites Churros
Put your Churros Snack in a food container. Once you pour the snack into the container, seal it with a lid and leave it in the pantry or on the countertop. These churro treats should continue to stay fresh for up to a week. You do not need to refrigerate the Ritz Bits Churros to keep them fresh.
What to Do With Ritz Recipes
After you make the Ritz Bits Churros Recipe, you can serve them as a snack after dinner or between meals, such as breakfast and lunch. Besides eating them as a snack and serving them to your loved ones, you can wrap the Ritz Bits Churros in plastic wrap, tie a bow around them, and give it as a gift to someone special, such as a sibling, friend, or teacher.
If you are hosting a special event, make this recipe to have as one of the many finger foods you can offer to your guests. The guests will love the sweet taste of this simple recipe. You can make large batches of it and have more than enough to go around.
Ingredients You Can Add to Your Ritz Bits Churros
If you want to get creative, feel free to add a few extra ingredients to your Ritz Bits Churros. You can drizzle some caramel sauce or hot fudge over your Ritz Bits crackers with the cinnamon sugar, butter, and other ingredients.
What to Eat With these bites of deliciousness
While you can eat Ritz Bits Churros right from the oven, you can also add them to some of your other favorite foods. The sweet and crunchy treat tastes great over vanilla ice cream. You can add it to a bowl of traditional yogurt or frozen yogurt. If you are having an ice cream sundae, add some of these Ritz Bits Churros on top to give your dessert the perfect touch of sweetness and an added crunch.
What If I Can’t Have Peanut Butter?
If you cannot have peanut butter because of an allergic reaction to it, you can use the Ritz Bits Smores instead of the peanut butter version. These may be a bit harder to find than the peanut butter ones that are readily available. If you are unable to find the smores version, consider using Ritz crackers to avoid the peanut butter and still enjoy the taste of this sweet recipe.
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
- 1 8.8oz box Ritz Bits peanut butter (you can use plain)
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. white sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350Fand line a baking sheet with foil.
- Spread crackers in an even layer on the baking sheet and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and brown sugar together.
- Stir continuously and bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Stir in cinnamon and vanilla.
- Immediately pour the candy mixture over the crackers and quickly toss to coat evenly and make sure none of the crackers overlap.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until bubbly.
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Evenly sprinkle the crackers with cinnamon sugar.
- Allow to cool completely before breaking into pieces and serving.
Join Our Community of Over 15 Million Followers