If you love traditional S’mores, try these S’mores Cookie Cups. You can have your favorite sweet treat in the form of a cookie cup to take with you when you want a quick and delicious snack.
What Are S’mores?
S’mores are a popular camping treat consisting of graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate. These dessert-like sandwiches are great to have while camping because you can prepare them over a campfire, but you do not have to go camping to enjoy them. If you like this simple yet delicious dessert, this S’mores Cookie Cups Recipe is just what you need in your life. You will only need a handful of ingredients to make these cookie cups that taste great and are perfect to bring with you to special events.
Smores Bites Ingredients
If you would like to make the best S’mores Cookie Cups you have ever tasted, be sure to have these important ingredients:
Graham Cracker Crumbs. You will use graham cracker crumbs to create the cookie cups.
Unsalted Butter. Melt your butter down before mixing it with the graham cracker crumbs and powdered sugar.
Powdered Sugar. The powdered sugar adds a sweet touch to the cookie cup crust.
Marshmallows. You will top your cookie cups with a marshmallow and a piece of chocolate.
Hershey’s Chocolate Bars. Add a piece of chocolate to each of the S’mores Bites.
With just five ingredients, you will have everything you need to make these S’mores Cookies Cups.
How to Make Graham Cracker Crumbs
You can make graham cracker crumbs with ease by adding them to a food processor and grinding them down into pieces. If you do not have a food processor, put your graham crackers into a large freezer bag, seal it shut, and then smash down on it with a can or hammer to create crumb pieces to use.
Can I Use Mini Marshmallows?
It is best to use whole marshmallows when preparing the S’mores Bites. You will need to cut each large marshmallow in half to have 24 marshmallows available for the 24 cookie cups that you will create. The brand of the marshmallows that you decide to use is not important at all.
Which Graham Crackers Are Best to Use?
Use traditional honey graham crackers when preparing the S’mores Cookie Cups. Of course, the specific graham cracker flavor used is entirely up to you. If you do not want to use the traditional honey ones, you can use vanilla, chocolate, or even cinnamon graham crackers to prepare these sweet treats.
Do I Have to Use Hershey’s Chocolate?
While Hershey’s chocolate has such a great taste and goes well with the marshmallows and graham cracker cookie crust, you can use a different brand of chocolate. Use your favorite chocolate bar to add the perfect decadent touch to your S’mores Cookie Cups.
How to Store the S’mores Cookie Cups
Place the S’mores Cookies Cups side-by-side in a rectangular food storage container and cover the container with a lid, plastic wrap, or aluminum foil to keep the cookie cups from getting stale. You do not have to put these treats in the refrigerator. If you leave them on the countertop, they should stay good for three days. If you do decide to put them in the fridge, you may keep them fresh for up to five days.
Reasons to Make the S’mores Cookie Cups
When you are in the mood for a chocolate dessert that will not take all day to prepare, these S’mores Cookies Cups are a must-try. Rather than going out to the store and buying all these ingredients, you will only need five simple ingredients to make this dessert. The S’mores Cookie Cups are unique, tasty, and much different from traditional cookies or cupcakes. You can prepare them for yourself and your family or make them for special occasions, such as a child’s birthday party.
When putting your cookie cups in the oven to broil, be sure to keep a close eye on them. They do not need to stay in the oven for more than a minute. The goal is to get the marshmallow to become slightly burnt like it would when placed over a campfire without burning the graham cracker cookie cups. After you place your chocolate on top of the warm marshmallow, let your S’mores Cookie Cups cool down for at least 15 minutes before serving them to avoid burning your tongue or hands.
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
- 1 cup finely crush graham cracker crumbs, about 7 whole graham cracker sheets
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons UNSALTED butter, melted
- 12 marshmallows, regular size, not mini marshmallows
- 2 full size Hershey's Chocolate Bars, unwrapped and divided into 24 pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, and melted butter.
- Grease a 24 cup mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Scoop the graham cracker crust mixture into the 24 cups.
- Gently press the crumbs into the bottom of each cup and up the sides to form little cups.
- Bake the mini graham cracker crusts at 350F for 4 minutes until golden brown.
- Cut each marshmallow in half to make 24 round marshmallows.
- Place one marshmallow in each graham cracker cup, cut side of the marshmallow facing down.
- Set the oven to broil. Place the pan back in the oven under the broiler and broil for 1-2 minutes, just until the marshmallows are toasted to your liking.
- Watch them CAREFULLY, the marshmallows can burn fast.
- Remove from the oven.
- Top each marshmallow with a piece of the Hershey's chocolate bar. Allow the s'mores cookie cups to cool for 15 minutes, then use a butter knife to remove them from the pan.
Join Our Community of Over 15 Million Followers
My Incredible RecipesLike @MyIncredibleRecipes today to never miss a recipe.
Recipes From HeavenLike @WeLoveRecipesFromHeaven to join 6 Million others.