These delicious Taco Stuffed Avocados are great for a quick lunch or even as an appetizer.
Whatever you choose to use them for, they are sure to be a HUGE HIT!
If you have ever looked on a bag of store bought tortillas you would be SHOCKED at the amount of carbs and everything else thats just in ONE tortilla!
These are a great and much healthier alternative to those!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
- 4 avocados, halved and pitted
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, diced finely
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Colby jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- sour cream and cilantro, for garnish
- Cut lime in half and squeeze juice over the avocados.
- Scoop out some of the avocado to create a larger hole to fill.
- Reserve excess avocado for later.
- Heat olive oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add diced onion and saute for 3-5 minutes, until tender and translucent.
- Add ground beef and brown until fully cooked (about 5-6 minutes).
- Pour in taco seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste, stirring thoroughly. Drain away any excess fat or liquid from the pan and remove from heat.
- Begin filling each avocado with the taco meat, remaining avocado, shredded cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and garnish with sour cream and cilantro.
Join Our Community of Over 15 Million Followers
My Incredible RecipesLike @MyIncredibleRecipes today to never miss a recipe.
Recipes From HeavenLike @WeLoveRecipesFromHeaven to join 6 Million others.