Since my Samoa Brownies recipe vent viral last month, it has literally become one of my most visited recipes EVER on my blog!
I HAD to come up with another Girl Scout Cookie-type recipe, that is sure to impress!!
Samoas and Thin Mints are my two all time favorite cookies
These cupcakes will BLOW YOU AWAY if you are a fan of thin mints!
They are so easy to put together too!
With Saint Patrick’s Day coming up soon, these would be perfect!
I taste tested one of these (ok, 3 of these lol) and it is a recipe you are going to come back to, time and time again for sure!
The frosting on these is something out of a fairytale LOL
It took everything in me to not do a faceplant right into it! 😀
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook & PIN IT!
Thin Mint Cupcakes!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
Makes 12-14 cupcakes
Chocolate Ganache Ingredients:
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line pan with cupcake liners
- In a large bowl, whisk sugar, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla extra and oil together.
- In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients. Flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Pour in half of these dry ingredients into the oil mixture and stir.
- Add milk and gently stir again, adding the rest of the dry ingredients. Be careful not to over mix.
- Fill cupcake liners half full
- bake for 15-20 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow to fully cool.
- Start making the ganache by adding chocolate chips and whipping cream in a small bowl and microwave for 40 seconds.
- Remove and stir and continue to microwave until smooth.
- Dip cooled cupcakes into the ganache and turn right side up to allow ganache to set.
- Using your vanilla frosting or favorite homemade frosting recipe, adding small amounts of green food coloring until you have reached your desired color.
- Pipe frosting onto your cupcakes and top with Thin Mints! I also crushed up a few and scattered them over the top for more yummy deliciousness!