Looking for a new recipe to make in your kitchen? These Triple Chocolate Cookies are made with three types of chocolate! They are sure to be a huge hit! Tried and true recipe.
Beautiful cookies can be bought at the store, but they are more special when they are made right at home! These Triple Chocolate Cookies are chewy and made with the best ingredients! With the very first bite, you’ll experience crispy edges, but very chewy and delicious in the middle!
Now is the time of the year to bake cookies right in your very own kitchen. This recipe for triple chocolate cookies will make you so happy! What makes these cookies even better is that you can pair them with a glass of cold milk or with a cup of hot chocolate and they’ll be just as delicious! Eating these cookies will also show you that the perfect cookie texture does exist. Simply follow this recipe and you’ll make these at least once a month!
Why You’ll Love Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies
Not that you need to be convinced that you’ll love these cookies, but there are several reasons to choose this recipe over any other.
These cookies are filled with chocolate. If you’re a chocolate lover, then there is no doubt that these cookies will make you very happy!
The three chocolates used in this recipe include unsweetened baking cocoa, chocolate chunks, and semi-sweet chocolate chips! All three of these chocolate ingredients work together to create an unstoppable cookie recipe.
If you go to a lot of holiday parties or you need a go-to cookie recipe for special occasions (or everyday occasions) give these cookies a try!
These chocolate chip cookies freeze well! You can freeze the dough and enjoy it at a later date, which is just another reason you’ll love these Triple Chocolate Cookies!
Important Ingredients in Triple Chocolate Cookies
These cookies use very basic ingredients, but there are also a few super important ingredients you need to make this recipe come to life! Check out some of these important ingredients in these Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies, so you know exactly what to have on hand when making them!
White sugar and brown sugar. Two important ingredients in this cookie recipe are the right kinds of sugar!
Unsalted butter. When baking, butter is a must-have ingredient. You can freeze butter, so stock up the next time you go to the store. You’ll be glad you have lots of butter on hand for baking cookies.
Different chocolate chips. When going to the store, stock up on every kind of chocolate chip you can imagine. This recipe calls for chocolate chunks and semi-sweet chocolate chips!
Vanilla extract – Did you know you can make your own vanilla extract? If you don’t have time for that, buying it from your local store is completely fine! This recipe calls for pure vanilla extract.
Using all of these ingredients, you are about to create a cookie combination that cannot be beat. You’ll find that these cookies also taste really good broken up and placed on top of your favorite ice cream.
Baking Tips to Consider
When baking a new cookie in your kitchen, it’s important to note that there are tips that COULD help you make an even better cookie.
Use whatever type of chocolate chips you’d like for these Triple Chocolate Cookies. You can use white chocolate chips if you’d like. YUM!
If you place the dough in the fridge for about 20 minutes before you bake these cookies, the dough will be nice and thick for baking.
If you don’t have time to make the cookies now, you can freeze the dough for later.
Add a variation to these cookies by placing sea salt on top before baking.
You can switch these cookies up even more by adding M&Ms to the cookies (before baking)! They will add a nice fun crunch to the cookie.
Add a scoop of ice cream to these cookies, when they are warm, you’ll be in cookie heaven!
Have whipped cream on hand? You can add a squirt of this to the chocolate cookie and it really takes it to the next level!
Switching up a cookie’s recipe can only make it better. Using the recipe as a base but adding your own twist to it, will add a little fun to baking, especially for kids!
These Triple Chip Chocolate Cookies are a family favorite because they are FULL of chocolate and so easy to make. If you’re making cookies for the first time ever, this is a great recipe to try!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Triple Chocolate Cookies
Yields: 18 cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter - softened
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chunks divided
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, cream butter, white sugar, and brown sugar together.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in flour, baking cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Add 1 cup of chocolate chunks and ¾ cup mini chocolate chips (save the rest for garnishing) and stir until combined.
- Using a two tablespoon cookie scoop, roll cookie dough balls and place them 2” apart on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes. Look for the edges and center to be set, but the center still slightly gooey (cookies will finish baking on the cookie sheet after they are removed from the oven).
- Remove from the oven and immediately press extra chocolate chunks and chocolate chips into the cookies (option to leave these untouched or spread the chocolate around once they melt).
- Let cookies cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack to cool.
- Serve warm and gooey or let cool completely.