Let me just start off by saying that once you try this recipe- there is no going back.
It is SO good and to make it even better? the sauce is something out of a fairytale! This delicious chicken is pan-fried in butter and perfect seasonings to create a creamy pan sauce that will have you coming back for seconds.. or thirds!
I served it over spaghetti but any type of pasta will work. You could also serve it along side mashed potatoes and a veggie (which we have done before).
BUT I’m half Italian so I love, ok.. I NEED my pasta!
Look at all those beautiful seasonings above, those MAKE the sauce incredible!
MY OTHER RECIPES
You want to be sure to get each side of the chicken,
slightly browned as you see above.
You want to make sure to sear in all those seasonings and flavors!
Just LOOK at that sauce… *drool*
I originally saw this recipe on Plain Chicken – please go check out Stephs blog- it is SO full of amazing recipes you will love!
I TWEAKED the recipe and changed it a bit here and there and it came out FANTASTIC.
I have always been the type of girl that LOVES full flavor in my food, I can’t have any type of plain food on my plate- it just won’t do! I NEED that burst of deliciousness and ‘packed with flavor’ type meal.
One of the KEYS to cooking- as my mother has always taught me, is
to TASTE TASTE & TASTE.. I am always tasting everything to make sure the flavor is up to par 😉
There is nothing worse then serving food to your family and its missing the ‘kick’ of flavor by just a few sprinkles of salt or pepper or even garlic powder!
As you make anything, always taste throughout to make sure its to your liking!
This recipe is TRIED AND TRUE!
Dinner doesnt always have to be complicated, this is a one pan dish
(other than the pasta) but thats an easy one 😉
I have made this 4 times in the last two weeks because its THAT good!
Dinner on the table in less than 20 minutes?? YES PLEASE!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook & PIN IT!
- 1 lb of spaghetti
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs OR tenders
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons of beef broth
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
- 4 Tablespoons butter (divided)
- 2 cups heavy cream or Half/Half
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Parsley
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Adobo - (my Favorite- found in the Spanish section)
Ingredients for Seasoning:
- In a large bowl, take your chicken and coat them evenly with all seasonings, set aside.
- In large skillet, melt only HALF of the butter over medium-high heat, add minced garlic, olive oil, beef broth and the seasoned chicken, flipping to slightly brown both sides-heat until fully cooked-through.
- Pour the half/half OR cream, cornstarch and remaining butter into the skillet, mix lightly until cornstarch is fully incorporated..
- add the remaining butter and mix until melted.
- Reduce the heat and let simmer until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes
- In a large pot of salted water, bowl pasta until 'al dente' - drain well
- Serve chicken and the sauce over the pasta- slightly tossing to coat