I am so excited to bring you all this new recipe!
Its all done in ONE PAN! Whats better than that???
I have to be honest, I add mushrooms to my recipes but I actually only like the flavor of them, so I literally remove mine from my plate! (strange little fact, but true lol)
Asiago cheese is the star of this dish, though you could substitute for another high quality cheese of your choice!
MY OTHER RECIPES
The wine in the sauce is cooked down and reduced, which creates an incredible flavor!
Yes, I know I like to add a bunch of photos, but I’m so proud of the pics that I feel the need to add a bunch!
Trust me, there are wayyy more than just these lol 😉
I saw this recipe on one of my awesome friends, Judith, from Midnight Baker! She has one of the BEST BLOGS and you need to check out her recipes!!
You can serve this over rice, mashed potatoes, pasta or even quinoa!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Creamy Asiago Chicken!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 2 cups mushrooms, cut in half
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 tbs butter
- 1/2 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Take your chicken and place between plastic wrap, use a meat mallet to pound it out to about 1/4 thickness.
- Cut into 3 'tender size' pieces per breast.
- dredge the chicken pieces in flour, set aside.
- In a large deep skillet, heat butter with only one of the TBs of olive oil, then add the dredged chicken & saute until golden brown on each side, roughly 4 minutes per side. Remove & set aside.
- In the same hot skillet, add the olive oil, onion powder, mushrooms and garlic & saute until mushrooms begin to brown.
- Add the white wine to skillet, scraping up all the browned bits that are at the bottom of the pan, then add the chicken back & sprinkle with the parsley.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan once again and set to the side.
- Add the cream to the skillet and heat through.
- While mixing, add in the asiago cheese
- Stirring constantly over a low heat until cheese completely melts.
- Continue cooking until sauce is thickened
- Add chicken back and heat through.