With my favorite season here (Christmas!)
I had to bring you some cookie recipes for your cookie tray!
These are probably my all time most requested cookie that I make!
They are very easy and not to mention FUN to make too!
You are basically rolling up the ‘log’ so that you can slice your perfect cookies 🙂
There are so many things you can do with this recipe, you use the shortbread cookie recipe base and add whatever you desire!
One of the FIRST to go off the cookie tray- every single time!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST BY CLICKING HERE
Maraschino Cherry Shortbread Christmas Cookies!
- 1 cup softened salted butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 tablespoon almond extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup diced maraschino cherries
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup nuts- optional
- Drain your cherries and place onto a few sheets of paper towel to remove most of the cherry juice, then dice
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together your butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and almond extract
- Now mix in your flour
- Fold on your maraschino cherries and chocolate chips
- Knead your dough in your hands to remove and air bubbles and form into a log shape
- Roll your dough log in Saran Wrap and refrigerate over night
- Preheat your oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper
- Unwrap and slice your dough in thick slices
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown
Did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest for more recipes!
adapted via my friend Vera at OMGChocolatedessserts.com
Comments & Reviews
Nelda Thomas says
How many does this recipe make?
Yadja Bacher says
These look wonderful—perfect for a cookie exchange. About how many cookies do you get with one batch?
Kandy Agee says
The worst shortbread cookies I’ve ever put in my mouth. Exceptionally dry and tasteless
You must didn’t make them right. Mine were delicious and I make them often. No complaints yet!
I saw these and am going to add the maraschino cherries and chocolate chips to a very old family recipe for shortbread that has been used since long before my mom was a little girl.
Should you after slicing let them defrost. And then bake.
Sounds like Cherry Garcia ice cream in a cookie! ?
Hello mates, how is the whole thing, and what you desire to say about this article, in my view its truly awesome designed for me.
Shortbread has to be one of my favourite holiday cookies, I mean it is so easy to make and that melt in your mouth buttery goodness is almost impossible to resist!