With my favorite season here (Christmas!)
I had to bring you some cookie recipes for your cookie tray!
These are probably my all time most requested cookie that I make!
They are very easy and not to mention FUN to make too!
You are basically rolling up the ‘log’ so that you can slice your perfect cookies 🙂
There are so many things you can do with this recipe, you use the shortbread cookie recipe base and add whatever you desire!
One of the FIRST to go off the cookie tray- every single time!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
- 1 cup softened salted butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 tablespoon almond extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup diced maraschino cherries
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup nuts- optional
- Drain your cherries and place onto a few sheets of paper towel to remove most of the cherry juice, then dice
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together your butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and almond extract
- Now mix in your flour
- Fold on your maraschino cherries and chocolate chips
- Knead your dough in your hands to remove and air bubbles and form into a log shape
- Roll your dough log in Saran Wrap and refrigerate over night
- Preheat your oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper
- Unwrap and slice your dough in thick slices
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown
adapted via my friend Vera at OMGChocolatedessserts.com