BE PREPARED for this cake!
Its one of the easiest and most delicious cakes you can make- everyone loves it!
I have seen different variations of this cake floating around the net for awhile now- I HAD to try it!
MY OTHER RECIPES
I poked some holes in my cake before I poured the ‘topping’ over it
– so it would soak through and each bite would have the incredible flavor throughout!
I used pecans but you can definitely use walnuts or almonds if you would prefer! OR leave them out all together!
Original ‘do nothing cake’ is a bit more simple than MY version, but I thought it needed a mesh between ‘tornado cake’ and ‘do nothing cake’ – the result? FANTASTIC!
I saw tornado cake from my sweet blogger friend Martha, over at
a Family Feast (check out her amazing blog!) her version has fruit in it.
The ‘do nothing’ cake I saw on pinterest- this is my twist of the two!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Do Nothing Tornado Cake!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20oz can crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13" baking pan with butter
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together your flour, sugar, baking soda, eggs, vanilla, and crushed pineapple
- Pour into your baking pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown
- Poke several holes in the cake with the handle of a wooden spoon
- In a medium sized sauce pan, heat your butter, sugar, evaporated milk, and vanilla until it reaches a boil
- Mix in your pecans and coconut and continue cooking for about 5 minutes on medium heat, stirring constantly
- Pour your topping evenly over your cake, slice, and enjoy!